Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2017 11:33:10 PM EDT
I know there are shit tons of companies making belts that meet this criteria.

What is everyone out there using?

I like the idea of the American made Apogee belt by Boxer Tactical but I'm not looking to drop $99.

Anything worthwhile in the $50 or less range?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from proper and it uses a 1.25" male buckle so it fits through normal belt loops. I think it was $50ish
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Snake Eater Tactical 1.5 with cobra I like a lot. Really good belt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two belts, one is a Ares Ranger belt which is great but a little above your price range. The other is made by Elite, relatively stiff, cobra buckle, and Velcro to strap excess length. The Elite runs right around $50.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I use one from Talon Tactical most days and it has held up very well.

www.talontactical.com/cobra-buckle-belt-p-1125.html

Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
X-Concealment, very nice for the money
X-Concealment
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Watch SOE -- they run sales/promotions from time to time, I got my EDC belt (G-hook, not Cobra) for $37 shipped last year when they had a special.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Both my wife and I have Blue Alpha Gear belts and we are really impressed with them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't waste your money on SOE. I bought a plain black 1.5" Cobra belt (before I discovered just how huge an asshole the felonious seamstress is) and there were delays and he wouldn't respond to emails or send a tracking number, etc. SOE will never see another dime of my money. 

I've also got a Vertx Raptor belt that's much cheaper and better made than the SOE belt. Got it cheap on clearance from LAPG a while back. My only issues are I don't like the Raptor buckle quite as much as the Cobra and it doesn't fit a lot of my belt loops. 

But my absolute favorite is a belt made in the UK by a small company that actually sells to the British military too. It's got the more rectangular Cobra buckle and is only 1.25" so it's much more practical. You can specify which buckle/width/other options too. Very affordable and quick shipping as well. I can get you more info or pics if you're interested. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]
SOE sucks avoid like the plague. Awful customer service. Long wait times when there's way better product and companies on the market . SOE owner is a BIG man behind his keyboard loves to start shit and controversy he is what's wrong with the world lol don't support that company. If you must have SOE just shut the f*** up and wait and you MIGHT get your product lol

I ordered a Ares Ranger from Larue Tactical
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Ares Gear Ranger Belt
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I've worn a Ares gear ranger belt everyday since Christmas 2010.

If it ever wears out I'll buy another in a heartbeat.  

I'm as cheap a motherfucker as they come. But that belt is worth the money.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
bunch of guys I know as well as myself use this belt. We are rope techs and used it for a short rappel. Its sucked but worked, and the biner attaches to a loop of webbing instead of metal hardware, which is my preference. It works well for concealed carry as well. 

belt
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've worn a Ares gear ranger belt everyday since Christmas 2010.

If it ever wears out I'll buy another in a heartbeat.  

I'm as cheap a motherfucker as they come. But that belt is worth the money.
View Quote
This. I have had mine for over three years. I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top