Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 6:26:48 AM EDT
So I have a new 6" 629 and the shoulder holster game looks pretty weak..well any holster really, and I really have no idea what to look for other than 3 things.

1. No Uncle Mikes/Condor (
2. No long multi-month wait times
3. Under 300USD

The Galco's look good, but the pouches seem iffy, Also as a note I don't plan on OC/CCW'ing the cannon with any frequency but would like the ability to carry it non-plaxico style so if you have hunted.carried, and anything else I'm open to input. Thanks

And a picture cause why not:
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Bianchi X15
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My recommendation is not a shoulder holster but a chest holster but it otherwise meets all your requirements.

Kenai Chest Holster from Gunfighters Inc  $150 from Amazon and available right now.

I bough one last fall and wore it all deer season carrying a S&W 610 with a 6.5 inch barrel.  Over my hunting coat it was comfortable.  It keeps the gun tight and stable so it does not flop around when you are active.  The kydex holster makes for good retention, clean draw and easy re-holsters.  The straps are wide and comfortable with elastic on the bands to allow for breathing.  All in all the quality and function are very nice.  Not sure if this will meet your needs but I though I would throw it out as an option.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 4 inch version of your gun. I carry it in a Bianchi #111 Cyclone in the crossdraw position. Christmas present from the Mrs.
is a gunbelt sized to fit snugly thru the holster. I can move it around, but it stays where I put it. From the 1 o`clock to 3 o`clock
position on the belt are 12 cartridge loops. most comfortable way I have found to carry that much gun and 18 rounds total. Its balanced and there`s less effect on my lower back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top