Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2017 5:10:14 AM EDT
hey guys gonna start "experimenting" with appendix carry and looking for some holster recommendations.

I'll likely start off with my S&W 340PD .357 due to size and I think it will be easier to get used too than starting with my G26.

Current front runner from the couple of hours of research is the JM Custom Kydex AIWB Wing Claw 2.0.

Anything else I should be looking at etc. I've carried a firearm concealed for close to 25 years so I'm comfortable with carrying etc. I have experimented in the past with appendix carry but for one reason or another went back to behind the hip.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions etc.

J-
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to try appendix carry but didn't want to spend a fortune on something I may not like.  I ended up finding Clinger holsters and decided to try their Atom holster (they call it a Trump Tuck now).  The price was right and if I didn't like appendix carry I could shift it to hip carry later on.  I work in an office and to carry it has to be a tuckable holster.  So far I've been carrying in the appendix position for about 2 months.  The holster works well and the draw is quite easy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted to try appendix carry but didn't want to spend a fortune on something I may not like.  I ended up finding Clinger holsters and decided to try their Atom holster (they call it a Trump Tuck now).  The price was right and if I didn't like appendix carry I could shift it to hip carry later on.  I work in an office and to carry it has to be a tuckable holster.  So far I've been carrying in the appendix position for about 2 months.  The holster works well and the draw is quite easy.
View Quote

Cool thanks for the info.

Anyone that finds this on a search check out my thread in GD about the same thing, got 10 times the replies than this thread.

J-
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
So many AIWB holsters companies it's hard to just choose one. If you don't believe me check out selection in the EE under holsters here. I like G-Code holsters for AIWB carry for my Glocks. Can wear them walking, sitting, driving etc all day long. Pricey, a 5-7 week wait when ordering, but worth it at least to me. So check out the EE here, and classifieds over at Glock Talk before you order. Even Gun Broker for that matter. Here is my two G-Code INCOG Eclipse for my G19 and G26. Good luck!

Your in luck for your G26, but after re-reading your post thought you had a M&P 357 Sig. Not wheel gun 357 mag. Sorry.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used several and have settled on JM Custom Kydex.
Very small profile, secure retention and rounded edges so that it doesn't dig in.
Plenty of options available...I always select the extra tuck option.

CLICK HERE

I believe that they have quick ship holsters available...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
+ 1 for Atom holster but I do not like mag holster(s) from them
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
cool thanks guys

J-
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Give a look into the T.rex Arms AIWB, They too implement a claw. Though it didn't work for me, they have a nice fan base.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Round guns are horrible AIWB.

I carried a 442-2 AIWB for awhile and even that little 5 shot cylinder was like a golf ball under the belt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
For a Glock 19/26 I prefer either a T-Rex Arms Raptor or Sidecar.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Glock 19 The INCOG, The Glock 26 I use a Contact Concealment AP holster.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been using a Raven Eidolon since I got the pre production unit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Round guns are horrible AIWB.
I carried a 442-2 AIWB for awhile and even that little 5 shot cylinder was like a golf ball under the belt.
View Quote

I guess it's different for everybody. I appendix carry a 4" N-Frame in .44 mag (329PD, so at least it IS light weight) quite a bit and it's no problem too me.
Also iwb at 3-5 o'clock and owb.
Sticky Holster works for me anywhere IWB. It stays put well, I ruck march and conduct other fairly heavy work type activity with it and am happy with the ability to switch from appendix to 4 oclock at a whim. I have limited need to have it concealed. It works well as a pocket holster in a jacket/coat/vest/console.
If I had to do all day ever day iwb I'd get a Summer Special, but I don't..
When the dog barks at night it's the easiest thing to stick in the waistband (or jean front pocket) and go, depending on the level of dog alertness, with a flashlight and shotgun in hand.
Of course workplace, clothing, etc will make all the difference. But I'm self employed and work outside 99% of the time, in AZ.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For a Glock 19/26 I prefer either a T-Rex Arms Raptor or Sidecar.
View Quote

I'm intrigued by the Sidecar. That looks like an awesome holster.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:27:37 AM EDT
[#14]
G code incog all the way
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been carrying a G26 since they came out.   The Andrews Custom Leather IWB works great.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm intrigued by the Sidecar. That looks like an awesome holster.
View Quote

I have several, very comfy for me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I've tried several different AIWB holsters, and TREX Arms has consistently been my favorite. G19 and Shield. I wish they made one for my P01.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm running laps it seems...  I'm 6'3'', 180lbs.  32inch waist. I carry on a SOE EDC belt.

Started with an INCOG w/ Mag Caddy:
Pros:
- very rigid, strong retention
- clip design (easy on/off)
- single unit - holster has gun and extra mag ready to grab and go if needed.
- very comfortable to wear -- seated, standing, driving, doesn't matter -- this was a SUPER comfortable holster
Cons:
- doesn't have a "belt Claw" so the grip of my G19 prints badly.
- the mag caddy rides too high (easily adjusted by lowering the caddy on the mounting tab)
- with my build, the gun and mag create  "shelf" print pretty much all the way across
- I don't like the position of the belt clips in relation to belt loops on most of my pants (not the holster's fault necessarily).
- lack of a wedge -- the mag and gun seem to flop outward enhancing the printing noted above, even having dropped the gun to the deepest cary position possible.

Next i went to the Raven Vanguard 2.
Pros -
- light weight
- can go anywhere on the belt, pretty much no worry about belt loops on the pants.
Cons -
- mag carrier had to be separate (doesn't really bother me)
- flops around a lot
- grip still prints pretty severely (note: you can now get a VG2 with a claw that would probably prevent this)

Up next was the Raven Eidolon w/ claw and wedge, with over-clip style belt clips (as opposed to the soft loops)
Pros -
- light weight
- wedge and claw options eliminate pretty much 100% of printing.
Cons -
- i don't like the belt clip design nearly as much as the INCOG clips.
- separate mag carrier required
- retention is not adjustable enough. Tightened all the way down my Gen 2 19 will still fall out of this holster.

DIY knock off of the SideCar that I made myself.  Wanted to try the layout before dropping $120 on another.
Pros -
- i made this one to accomodate a TLR1 light
- had a belt claw
- seemed to conceal well
Cons -
- just didn't like the width of it across the front of my pants. I'm a slim guy, so there's not a ton of real-estate up there to begin with.

Now, I'm back to the INCOG for a while.  

I'm actually getting ready to start the search for an AIWB holster for G19/17 with TLR1.  I've been doing quite a bit of low/no-light training and competition over the past months, and i'm at the point where i want a weapon light 100% of the time, so i'm sure I'll make a few more laps around the holster track before it's said and done.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm running laps it seems...  I'm 6'3'', 180lbs.  32inch waist. I carry on a SOE EDC belt.

Started with an INCOG w/ Mag Caddy:

Up next was the Raven Eidolon w/ claw and wedge, with over-clip style belt clips (as opposed to the soft loops)
Pros -
- light weight

DIY knock off of the SideCar that I made myself.  Wanted to try the layout before dropping $120 on another.

Now, I'm back to the INCOG for a while.  

View Quote

Have you looked at the holsters from Last Line of Defense? He's got a youtube/instagram channel. I have one for my 19 and love it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have you looked at the holsters from Last Line of Defense? He's got a youtube/instagram channel. I have one for my 19 and love it.
View Quote

Yeah, I watch the guy's videos.  His stuff looks nice, but I don't see enough difference (visually) from the T-REx Side-car style for it to be worth dropping the cash.  I'm learning I just don't like the width up front. carrying spare mag on or behind the hip on my support side.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm very pleased with Cook's holsters.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Last couple of years I have been buying theis holsters for my carry guns.  Good quality and he is easy to deal with on customizing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like you know enough to know what you are looking for.

Maybe start with a smaller wml. An inforce is a little smaller.

I have tried the sidecar as well and it's just to much up front. I've found that I like separate mag pouchs and holsters, but in the same spot (11 and 1 o'clock). It's almost the same amount of material but the can flex more naturally.

A couple things that I find help a lot.
A claw and having the belt clip not over the middle of the gun probably help the most.

Adding a light adds a lot more up front that really needs a good design to handle.

I recently bought this Gotham holster and love it. The clip is right over the fastest part so adds a little bulkier but it is very comfortable. It's universal and index's off the light. It fits my m9a1 compact and glock19 equally well.

For magazine pouches I like a jmcustom angled iwb at 11 and then maybe a DSG alpha pouch owb at 9 o'clock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been carrying a G19 with a TLR-1HL in a T Rex Arms Raptor the last couple months and carrying the spare mag in a g-code iwb mag carrier. I can wear it all day without any discomfort but it took a couple days to get accustomed to the extra bulk of the light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top