Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2017 2:00:37 PM EDT
I did a search for this and did not find anything. If this is a dupe I apologize.

Does anyone have personal experience with the Urban Carry Holster? Looks interesting but want to hear some real world feedback.

https://urbancarryholsters.com/
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Guessing that is a no. Seems like a novelty item. Think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
So it's an extremely overpriced, unfit, and thinly constructed iwb pouch?

Just get a good IWB holster from any number of companies for the same price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad has one and loves it, but he's also kind of nuts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My dad has one and loves it, but he's also kind of nuts.
View Quote

This made me laugh. I decided they are ghey. Not to say your dad is ghey though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried one while the idea is good it has some flaws.  It requires two hands to draw which is a big draw back sometimes.  Skinny jean people might as well skip it I wear loose fit and it was ok.  One thing it is good at is if you carry in an environment that you need deep concealment it is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
May work for firearms with safety but not for glock. For glock you need to have good plastic around trigger.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
May work for firearms with safety but not for glock. For glock you need to have good plastic around trigger.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
AVOID THEM!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
AVOID THEM!!!
View Quote

Why? This is the tech forum not GD. Details please.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My son brought me one for Christmas, didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't crazy about it. So I wore it for a couple of weeks and turns out it's not bad. Very comfortable, but it is a deep concealment holster. You can't wear it with tight pants. It's not for everyone, but it's NOT a big thumbs down either. Oh, just like any leather product, it needs a week or two to break in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AVOID THEM!!!

Do not blame him his is just speaking like someone that has never actually used one.  They are great at the intended purpose they are built for.  Small pistol, deep concealment, front carry comfort, and hard to detect if you are trying to be undetectable.  When I was carrying my friends it had some downsides and for sure needs a good break in.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
My son loves his. carries a G29SF with a surefire XC1. It is comfortable and gets the gun below your belt. I have tried it and like it too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#13]
How does it feel/look when you sit down? I see that guys who carry appendix lift the front of their pants to position the pistol above the bend when they sit, this looks like it stays below the bend? Does it print massively at that point and how is the draw from a seated position? Purely curious, on YouTube it looks like it would be very comfortable and an alternative to behind-the-hip, appendix or smart carry style holsters.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one and like it.  Like others have said, it is a deep concealed option.  For me, it sits right behind my pocket.  It feels just like sticking your phone in your front pocket.  Yes, it is two hand draw and might not be as accessible as a regular IWB holster in certain situations, but it is pretty comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top