Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2017 12:23:27 PM EDT
Copied from an email I received:
"
Attachment Attached File

Introducing the Sentinel WS1 Weaponlight from FOURSEVENS.

Measuring approximately 1" wide, 1/2" tall and 1.5" long, it is the brightest weapon light in its class with a 600 lumen output. These dimensions make it ideal for use with compact CCW pistols.

It is capable of being mounted to any pistol, rifle or shotgun with a picatinny rail. And once mounted, you don't have to remove the light to swap out batteries as the WS1 is fully rechargeable via micro-USB port.
Attachment Attached File

The Sentinel WS1 Weaponlight
Introducing the Sentinel WS1 Weaponlight from FOURSEVENS.

Measuring approximately 1" wide, 1/2" tall and 1.5" long, it is the brightest weapon light in its class with a 600 lumen output. These dimensions make it ideal for use with compact CCW pistols.

It is capable of being mounted to any pistol, rifle or shotgun with a picatinny rail. And once mounted, you don't have to remove the light to swap out batteries as the WS1 is fully rechargeable via micro-USB port.

The Sentinel WS1 features ergonomic dual-action configurable switches capable of being activated by pressing forward or sideways...momentary or constant on.

The light is Bluetooth Smart enabled so you can instantly check battery life, reconfigure both activation switches, or determine its last known location.

The Sentinel WS1 also includes a down facing red low-light navigation light allowing you to move through darkened areas without broadcasting your position.

Shipping Q1 2017, the Sentinel WS1 will have custom Kydex holster options available at launch.

If you are attending SHOT Show 2017, swing by the FOURSEVENS Booth (#20156) to get your hands on this ground-breaking light. Experience the next evolution in weapon lights for yourself.

Keep an eye on your inbox for more information coming soon!"

I have long been a fan of Foursevens and feel they make excellent products comptetively priced. A weapon light from them has been on my wishlist for a looong time.  No info about this on their website yet. Not sure how I feel about the USB charge port, but I suspect they are using their RCR123 stuff already in production which should mean you can ignore the USB charging and just use regular CR123s. The downfacing red nav light is an intriguing feature and addresses some people's concerns about how weapon mounted lights are used. Haven't used anything with the Bluetooth features but they have had this tech in some of their handheld lights for some time now. If this comes in right at or below the $200 mark it could be a contender. Wonder if XC1 holsters will work with this light and/or where their holster offerings are sourced from?  Would be super excited if this fits on a P320SC grip frame as the XC1 does not. No financial interest, but they might be taking some more of my money soon
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
USB and BT just means more cost and more to break.  It is compact though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I really want to know who ever looked at their weapon light and said,"I really wish this had bluetooth."

Didnt they try to push something extremely similar last year?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really want to know who ever looked at their weapon light and said,"I really wish this had bluetooth."

Didnt they try to push something extremely similar last year?
View Quote

I have wished:

1. To know battery life so I know if I need new batteries.  (Bluetooth gives this)

2. To be able to use rechargeables.  (USB gives this)

So I guess the answer is me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have wished:

1. To know battery life so I know if I need new batteries.  (Bluetooth gives this)

2. To be able to use rechargeables.  (USB gives this)

So I guess the answer is me.
View Quote

I've always been of the plan that if I'm wondering about the batteries on a weapon light, I simply replace them.

I can understand the advantage of rechargable, so I have no qualms with that. I simply see the bluetooth integration as just another point of failure that doesnt have to be there.

To each his own. Do you know of anyone making a holster to support this? I briefly looked a couple weeks ago and came up with nada.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The press release says they will have kydex holsters available at launch. Still vaporware at this point though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent them an email inquiring if I could receive notification when it's available.  They have a sign up page for email alerts on it located here: http://tinyurl.com/sentinelws1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top