Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2016 4:23:09 PM EDT
Looking for a good sturdy ankle holster for work.

I will be carrying my G26 . Depending on price I may get one for a S&W642 also.

What brand, model will really keep the weapon secure and not fall off my leg if I have to run a short distance.

Thanks for any help you guys can give
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Galco Ankle Glove.  Been using it for a G27 for years as well as for a 642.  I have also heard good things about the Desantis Ankle Rig as well.  However, I have no personal experience with it.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Galco Ankle Glove.  Been using it for a G27 for years as well as for a 642.  I have also heard good things about the Desantis Ankle Rig as well.  However, I have no personal experience with it.  YMMV.
View Quote

I happy to hear you have used one with a Glock26/27.

Does the holster or the gun itself flop / move much when walking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
DO yourself a favor and look at Lou Alessi's ankle holster.  Ive had one for over 20 years that I carried my backup (LEO)  G27.  It doesn't have a top strap and after 20 years its still tight enough to turn it upside down and the Glock not fall out.  It is true old school hand made goodness.  

Pay once and done.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the DeSantis Die Hard.  Terrific ankle holster, very comfortable.  I strongly recommend using the calf strap attachment, makes the rig much more stable overall.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use the DeSantis Die Hard.  Terrific ankle holster, very comfortable.  I strongly recommend using the calf strap attachment, makes the rig much more stable overall.
View Quote

Use the Desantis with my Shield as well. Fantastic ankle holster.

The Galco Ankle glove I have for my LCP is nowhere near as comfortable, despite that gun being light as fuck. Whatever material they use to wrap around is different, stiffer, and pinches on my ankle when I bend my foot too far, typically when I'm on stairs I have this issue.

I'll stick to Desantis ankle holsters.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DO yourself a favor and look at Lou Alessi's ankle holster.  Ive had one for over 20 years that I carried my backup (LEO)  G27.  It doesn't have a top strap and after 20 years its still tight enough to turn it upside down and the Glock not fall out.  It is true old school hand made goodness.  

Pay once and done.
View Quote

+1  I have an Alessi ankle holster for my G32; doesn't get used much, but it is at least 10 years old (and I bought it used) and it still retains very well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
delete!
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I have never had any movement or shifting of the holster while wearing it in my day to day use.  However, I have never really had to run any distance while wearing it either. The neoprene band and backing holds the holster in place and is very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When I was looking for an ankle holster for my G43, I asked a LEO buddy of mine and the Galco Ankle Glove is what he recommended. He used it personally and told me everybody in his office who ankle carried used the same holster. Make sure you get the "ankle glove" model as they make a different less expensive ankle holster that is not as good.

I've had mine for 6 months or so now and use it 5 days a week and it's been awesome. I didn't think I would even like ankle carry and that it would take a while to get use to but to my pleasant surprise, within the first hour I forgot it was even there. Granted a G43 is lighter then a G26 but a lot of people use that same holster for the 26/27's

The only downside (and I can't say if this is specific to the GAG or all ankle holsters?) is, your socks matter. You need to wear tight socks they don't tend to slip down on their own. Putting the GAG on as tight as you can helps. Also (and this would apply to all ankle holsters), your pants need to be on the long side or you need to mount the holster high up on your ankle so that when you sit down, the gun/holster doesn't poke out the bottom.

Quoted:

No, not at all. The only issue is what I described above... If you have loose socks and don't "install" the holster tight, it can slip down your ankle. Even when it does that, its not loose or wobbly but will show with shorter pants if you sit down.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
[url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KDQYEKI?tag=arfcom00-20 glock 26 ankle holster]https://www.amazon.com/Tagua-LANK-330-26-27-33-Leather-Holster/dp/B00KDQYEKI/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1485797071&sr=1-1&keywords=tagua glock 26 ankle holster

I'm using one of these quite often.  It's going on two years now and the thing is still quite comfortable and looks good.  I will say the strap has softened and that's a very good thing.  I can easily wear it 10 or 12 hours a day.[/url]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

For me it never seems to move around forward or aft.  It does have a tendency to slide down and rest at the top of my shoe/boot.  I typically wear Merrill MOAB's so it actually sits pretty comfortably.  If I am wearing it with low cut shoes I use the garter strap for the holster and it keeps it from sliding down.  It is really comfortable but did take a little getting used to.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I carry a Desantis Ankle Rig (just like a Galco Ankle Glove) on duty.  G27.  It fits inside my boot which really locks it in place.  I did have to remove the decal that was stitched inside, rubbed my leg raw!  And the calf strap loop, which also rubbed my leg.  After that its been gtg.  I've wore it for the last 2 yrs.  12 hr shifts.  I only wish I would have gotten a left hand draw to wear on my left leg.  would make left hand drawing easier.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have tried several for a G26, 442, and a Shield.

Galco Ankle Glove (not ankle lite).

No other options exist.

eta: I took a sock and cut it above the heel and cover the lower part of the holster so that if the pants ride up, it just looks like a sock, not polished leather.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Very happy with my two galco ankle glove holsters (G26 and Sig 230/232).
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have tried several for a G26, 442, and a Shield.

Galco Ankle Glove (not ankle lite).

No other options exist.
View Quote

This man speaks the truth. OP, this really is one of those buy once cry once situations. I wear either an M&P 340 or 342Ti in an ankle glove every day for 12hrs a day five days a week. I wear it with the calf strap and sometimes the boot extender depending on what I am wearing. I forget I have it on sometimes. It is light and comfortable. I have one for my G43 but I like the lighter weight of the small, snubbys better. The 43 is a little more noticeable not much, but a little IMO. Both of mine are strapless. At first I was concearned about this when I first bought one for my M&P340 but it has proven to hold on to my gun climbing, running, jumping and rolling around on the ground fighting. When it came time to buy one for my G43, I decided on the strapless model for it as well. The gun needs a deliberate, solid, pull to remove it from the holster. It's not difficult to draw, you just have to mean it to get the gun out.

I have tried multiple other brands and none of them come close to the Galco ankle glove.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
The backside of the snap on the Galco holsters rubs my leg raw.  Hate that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top