Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2010 2:22:37 PM EDT
What's the advantage of clapping your leather holster in plastic?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Some people hate the click in and out of most Kydex. With the leather lining, it is silent. It also allows a very smooth draw since it is holding the gun with more surface area than typical Kydex (which is holding the gun by the trigger guard).
I have a Tucker like you describe. It is a very well made holster but I am not sure that I care that much about the leather lining. I would buy another but it would be for the quality and design rather than the leather lining.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Pros & Cons to everything;

Pros
quite, no click of holster retention on your big honking Roscoe*
possibly less wear, no hard plastic to scratch your big honking Roscoe*

Cons
now you have leather retaining moisture next to your big honking Roscoe*
now you have leather retaining grit that will scratch your big honking Roscoe*

So what do you want to secure your big honking Roscoe*?

*Just so y'all know DKing is known to tote a S&W 500 or his cute little mini Uzie
What else do you expect a lawyer to tote?

7mm
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
My uzi is full sized no a mini or micro.

I just use a leather holster.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have, "The Answer," by Tucker gunleather. The draw is mostly silent, but because of the stitching at the mouth of the holster, my FCS making a "zip" sound when I draw. FWIW
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the Tucker almost exclusively. 2 or three years now.  I like the weight and retention, as well as the silence of draw.

Being in NM dust has not proven to be an issue, even on multiple day mountain rides. One of mine even survived a horse fall.

I also used the IDPA version with great success,  11 matches from 2008-2009, the last 9 I won.

I have yet to find better.

Chuck Warner
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Caring about finish wear on a gun you carry is silly. Get whats comfortable and what you'll actually carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top