Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 3:10:36 PM EDT
I'm looking for some really cheap .40 S&W ammo.  I have the buyers club discount at Sportsmansguide, and have seen Wolf .40 S&W 180 grain for $119 per 1000.  Anyone used that in a Glock (either 23 or 27)?  Is it reliable, going to cause a Kaboom?  

Any other suggestions on cheap ammo?  BTW someone mentioned on ar15 side that Walmart carries .40 S&W in 100 round bulk packs for $17, but both of the Walmarts near me look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for it.  Even though they both carry the 100 round 9mm bulk pack.  about the cheapest non-reloads i've come across so far is at Walmart  $10.97 for 50 rounds of UMC,  $11.47 for lead-less UMC, and $11.79 for Winchester USA whitebox "WINCLEAN".

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven L.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Steven.  I've never used Wolf ammo myself, as I've heard that it's not the greatest ammo to use.  I did just finish firing 500 rounds of Georgia Arms .40 S&W 155gr FMJ, it was accurate and 100% reliable in my Glock.  They sell it as their "Canned Heat" ammo and it comes in a free .50 cal USGI ammo can.

It's excellent stuff, I highly recommend it.  I think I paid $80 for the 500 rounds (not as cheap as Wolf) but it is top notch stuff and Georgia Arms service is also top notch.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
www.natchezss.com generally has 40 S&W at a pretty good price, even with shipping costs.  Some of the cheapest this month is CCI Blazer 165gr TMJ for $6.95 a box of 50.
They have regular Winchester white box for $8.79 right now and Winclean for $9.59 a box.

Granted this stuff isn't "really cheap", it's not bad for 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just looking at prices today and it costs more to load your own 40 caliber then it does to buy 9mm ammo already made.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.georgia-arms.com/

ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top