Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:32:48 AM EDT
I've been using this ammo quite alot, as it's cheap at wallyworld, and It seems like it really is pretty clean...I have a Smith and Wesson mod. 15 .38 revolver that seems to work excellent....The problem I have is just about every box of ammo I get from winchester seems to have one "dud" in it. That is it has a primer strike on it, but no BOOM. It's kindof a hairy experience pulling a round out of the revolver that still has the bullet intact, and the primer has a pretty good dent in it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks! PS I have had this gun checked out by a gunsmith, and it doesn't seem to have any problems....the firing pin extends about 1/8th of an inch into the cylinder area...I don't think it's the gun. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT
I would like to correct something....the firing pin extends into the chamber area about 1/16th of an inch...I just re-measured it with calipers...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:06:30 PM EDT
None of you dipshits know huh? BTT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
The lead free primers used in Winclean are not stable and don't have a long shelf life.

link to a thread in packing dot org

google your way to this: "The Winchester rep told me that he did not recommend it due to the short shelf life of the non-lead based primers."
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:15:14 PM EDT
Thanks alot for the info, and link..I found it to be very informative.....I don't think I'll be using it again!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:48:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 8:49:51 AM EDT by Derm95]
No need to stop using it for range ammo if the price is right. Obviously not intended for self defense ammo.
Winchester should put a Born on Date, or a Use By Date.
Top Top