Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 4:33:24 AM EDT
My beautiful bride bought me a 9 mm CZ 2075 Rami for Christmas. I shoot a Gov Mod 45 and have never had a handgun with a 3 inch barrel. This little CZ eats anything I offer it. I really liked the +P ammo I shot. I am having a hard time finding info for the best defense ammo for this little gem. Now the Q, what is the best defense ammo for a for a 3 inch 9 mm? Is plus ammo a waste in this handgun?

Any help or opinions appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:14:18 AM EDT
I chrono'd Speer 124gr +p out of the similiar sized bbl of my wife's pt-111 Millinieum in 9mm and avg'd 1150fps which is about what the standard velocity load is rated at in a 4" bbl. That's good enough for me. Now Speer makes the same thing in a "Short Barrel" load but haven't tried any yet as the bullet construction is different and would proabably penetrate less than the original which has a good rep.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:24:29 PM EDT
Shameless bump. Is anyone out there?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:26:09 PM EDT
The lighter weight +P ammo generally does the best in 9mm period. From what I can determine

from reading up on actual street results it seems that in all calibers the short barrel will get you

better perfomance with a light bullet that gets up to speed faster... This appears to be especially

true in the 9mm. Unlike it's bigger caliber counterparts the 9mm cartrige depends on speed to be

effective rather than mass. The +P offerings tend to give you speed that enhances expansion (in a

perfect world) and you trade this for greater recoil signature.... All that being said I tend to use

Corbon 115+P, Gold Dot 115+P or 124+P, and Winchester 127+P+ (which is L.E. only) in all my

9mm which range from Beretta 92 w/ 5" bbl to the Glocks and down to a Kahr PM9. Test your gun

with a couple types for reliability and accuracy and practice, practice, practice. Always keep in

mind that once you pick a reliable gun, in an adequate power (which 9mm is) where you hit them is

far more important that what you hit them with. " speed is fine... but accuracy is final......"
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:47 AM EDT
Thanks for the reply. I have allways held to the beleif, that it is not what you shoot but how well you shoot that matters.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:16:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:32:06 PM EDT
Top Top