Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 1:16:11 AM EDT
Several of our local police departments are switching over to this ammo. I talked with the head armored of one of these departments and he said that this ammo is outperformin everything else out there in their tests. Apparently it is a lot better through hard surface barriers. Anyone else got any experience with this stuff?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have done countless ballistic gel testings with various media and it has performed excellent for me
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Speed penetrates hard barriers like steel rather than weight. That's why it does better than heavier loads in the same caliber.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speed penetrates hard barriers like steel rather than weight. That's why it does better than heavier loads in the same caliber.
View Quote
Hey Will...didn't know you were on this site as well!
gqllc007 from NY forums
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting...
I carried 185gr Corbon DPX in my .45's for years.

Besides barrier penetration, how does this stack up to 147gr +P HST as far as recoil and terminal ballistics?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hey Will...didn't know you were on this site as well!
gqllc007 from NY forums
View Quote
Every once in a while.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting...
I carried 185gr Corbon DPX in my .45's for years.

Besides barrier penetration, how does this stack up to 147gr +P HST as far as recoil and terminal ballistics?
View Quote
I carry Corbon DPX 185+P in my Shield .45   Excellent round
I have found the 124gr HST standard pressure to have the best performance
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I have read of that bullet (used to be used in Corbon 115gr DPX too) it has a large deep hollowpoint cavity which helps prevent clogging in heavy clothing and barriers. The solid copper bullet also means it does very well
With harder barriers. I personally take notice that it nearly always expands into six even  sharp petals.

Corbon no longer uses the bullet for 115gr DPX, they use their own design with thinner, longer petals.

Its a tough call to me. They seem to clearly be more consistent, but penetrate a few inches less than HST, Ranger Ts, or Gold Dots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top