Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2017 10:29:29 PM EDT
Getting back into .45ACP after a long hiatus. I want to carry my HK45C this fall but I am sure of the round I want to carry. In my 9mms I carry the 147gr +P HST and have been very happy with its performance in testing. Wondering if this performance translates to the 230gr +P HST as well or if I should stay with standard pressure or even move to a lighter .45 +P offering.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Getting back into .45ACP after a long hiatus. I want to carry my HK45C this fall but I am sure of the round I want to carry. In my 9mms I carry the 147gr +P HST and have been very happy with its performance in testing. Wondering if this performance translates to the 230gr +P HST as well or if I should stay with standard pressure or even move to a lighter .45 +P offering.
View Quote

You have a 3.94in barrel, and these tests by Luckygunner were done with a 3.64in barrel, so a bit shorter but close... for reference.

Standard HST seems to do better ... certainly not lacking!

Ranger Ts expanded to .99 ... damns
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You have a 3.94in barrel, and these tests by Luckygunner were done with a 3.64in barrel, so a bit shorter but close... for reference.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concur.

Nothing wrong with the HST; I would go +P but if cost if no object, the HST 150 Micro HST performs well.

I just bought a case of the Ranger Ts based on the 1.00" expanded diameter (and sufficient penetration).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top