Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 12:37:26 AM EDT
So Federal has been doing a lot of rebates online for 223/556 and 9mm.

The rebate amount is significant: 25% off. To give you an idea, I'm looking at 25 cents a round on 556 and 14 cents a round on 9m FMJ brass... I've never seen a cheaper factory 9mm in my life (millenial

My question is, the deal is borderline too good to be true which raises my suspicion.

What's wrong with the ammo, seriously? "Oh, it's the politics. After the election, you should expect the drop in price," is ignorant as hell.

There has to be a real reason to why Federal is doing mad rebate right now and I'd like to know.

Anybody in Federal Ammo has knowledge on this matter?

Oh and by the way, I'm not talking about the ammo deal. My topic pertains to what is going on with Federal and why they are doing it, and if applicable, what is wrong with the ammo they are selling with rebate
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suspect the line worked 24/7 to stockpile ammo inventory in the case Hillary won.

There would have been an epic run on ammo and guns.

Which may be why we are seeing DEEP discounts on ARs, uppers and lowers!

Lowering MSRP lowers the price baseline.

Offering a rebate discounts current stock without lowering the MSRP.

It eliminates future complaints, where customers can bitch about "raising the price" once the surplus is sold.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
For plinking rounds I have never had any issues with AE
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would suspect the line worked 24/7 to stockpile ammo inventory in the case Hillary won.

View Quote
That's a good theory but it's only a theory.

I'd be happy if that was the truth that they just have a massive inventory no where to go but sell quick.

But who can confirm?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told at the LGS that the rebate was good for 38spcl.
The website disagrees.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a good theory but it's only a theory.

I'd be happy if that was the truth that they just have a massive inventory no where to go but sell quick.

But who can confirm?
View Quote
Factor in the additions I made to the previous post.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The website disagrees.
View Quote
They are doing some hardcore rebates throughout a wide range of calibers.

I'm hoping to hear something like the quality drop, source of ammo, financial crisis, or some shit
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Factor in the additions I made to the previous post.
View Quote
I believe in that nothing comes for free and there is always a cost/consequence aka karma to something like this.

Alright, I will give it a go and maybe let the community know how it does in my gun.

FYI, my pistol has fired 5k+ rounds and never failed to fire a round so we will see............
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lowering MSRP lowers the price baseline.

Offering a rebate discounts current stock without lowering the MSRP.

It eliminates future complaints, where customers can bitch about "raising the price" once the surplus is sold.
View Quote
I suspect you're right.

Ammo in most cals is "on sale" everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The website disagrees.
View Quote
How did you verify that?

The reason I ask is that I bought 13 boxes of 5.7x28 (25% off box of 50rnds of handgun ammo deal) and when I entered the UPC (from a box I already had on hand) it came up as invalid...after a bit of tinkering I realized that I was not including (in my case) the tiny "0" and "2" printed outside of the barcode at the lower left and right respectively corners of the UPC area.

Of course it didn't say to enter the X-digit code so it took me a while to figure out I was missing two digits.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Like any rebate, it can generate a lot of sales, and the buyers don't always follow through and submit the rebate form, or if they do submit it they do it too late or without the proper documentation - those end up being full-price sales, and can be a significant proportion of the sales.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Supply and demand.  It is that simple.  The reason there was a shortage under Obama is simple, and not a government conspiracy.  People were hoarding it, plus there were milions of new shooters who also started hoarding it.  Now, they are not buying so much, as they are well stocked.  Federal ramped up production, but now has a glut on their hands.  They lower the price to increase demand.  It worked on me, for one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#12]
There's nothing suspicious about it. It's called basic economics. OP you sound paranoid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#13]
People love rebates but your average person never mails them in. Besides tula is less than 8$ per 50 and fed alum is less than 9$ per 50 at walmart. With everyone switching to 9mm manufacturers are cranking it out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it really hard to understand that like the rest of the country, guns and ammo manufacturers expected a Dem sweep in the elections and produced according to that prediction.  Instead we got a pro gun sweep after years of a hot market.  Manufacturers and sellers have been trying to hold the line, but they have bills to pay and the prices are going to keep dropping for quite awhile.  Now they are turning to rebates, hoping that it generates sales and cash that they need, and predict that a certain amount of buyers won't follow through on the rebate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my 1100 rounds of AE 9m. They look good but it's brass jacket and I hate brass jackets. Not saying it's a problem.

The 1k rounds of 556 look great and shoot great so far.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got my 1100 rounds of AE 9m. They look good but it's brass jacket and I hate brass jackets. Not saying it's a problem.
View Quote
Serious question, are you Corky special?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#17]
It's not that complicated and no reason to be suspicious.   The manufacturer doing a rebate directly to the customer spurs sales immediately and has no affect on their dealers profit margin on inventory they were sitting on already.  The rebate helps the manufacturer keep employees working, continued sales in a down market, and stock holders happier than if they weren't moving product.  In my business our corporate management would rather take a hit on margin to get some sales in a slow period than not make sales forecasts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top