Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 10:58:38 AM EDT

New glock 17 with 600 rounds of brown bear and wolf ammo through it.

Bi-metal bullets recovered from backstop, very little if any steel exposed from lands, the jacket steel is much softer than the barrel anyway. I slipped a Winchester .40 cal in there too for comparison.

This pistol is some sort of navy commemorative so it was dura-coated blue and yellow, got a good deal on it so no biggie. The fouling really shows up against the blue paint job. The gun was still chugging along and the fouling wasn't any worse than American ammo. I have fired about 1000 rounds through this pistol in the last week, I really like the recoil impulse on these gen4s. this is my 3rd gen 4 glock 17.

I think the brown bear fouls a lot more than the wolf which is funny seeing how they are both made by Barnaul. The powder/primer formula must be different because BB smells like cat piss and wolf doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Those red Xes make for fascinating viewing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
should work now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Pics are showing for me now. That's quite dirty.

I ran a defensive pistol course with my carry G26 Gen3 loading 'er up with nothing but barnaul to the tune of about 1200 rounds over 2 days, and I guess it was about as dirty as that. Not sure if the barnaul/bears have gotten dirtier or cleaner since then.

Haven't noticed any additional wear from shooting bimetal to date, over the past 15 years. It carries +P JHP when carried, and I fire those and replace every year or so, but otherwise it gets the bimetal steel-cased russian stuff for range practice and plinking. Probably 500-1000 rounds a year since 2001.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Weird.  Pics don't show in Cyberfox, but do show in Chrome.

Would like to see pics of the assembled gun.  Was this an official Glock item, or did someone do some Cerakoting after the fact?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Think it was distributed by Davidson's not sure if glock did it or Davidsons
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a gen 4 Glock 17 and I shoot any and all ammo ,never a problem .
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
This one will have 1500 rounds through it by next week. Should not have cleaned it the whole time,  maybe next qual cycle ill rum 1000+ rounds of russian through it without cleaning it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top