Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 10:43:57 PM EDT
I purchased a box of Sumbro 9mm at my range a while back after running out of my typical range ammo. Putting it through my wife's Glock I had several that failed to fire. Upon examination I saw that the primers had been dented but not enough to detonate the rounds. Then, just yesterday I went to work with her gun again and started having the same issue, though at the time I'd forgotten about the problems I had before. Once again the culprit seemed to be light strikes. I discarded the Sumbro and went to the PMC stuff I typically use and the gun functioned properly. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing with Sumbro. I've never used it before and don't plan to again but the info would be good for future reference. BTW yesterday something like 10 rounds out of about a mag and a half failed to fire.That's bad! I thought Glocks would eat anything.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't blame the gun. This time it actually is the ammo. A quick Google search shows hard primers and excessive chamber pressures from various other guns it was shot from.

ETA: Never fall into that trap of what is being parroted about Glocks or any other gun for that matter as the truth is out there and the reality of it goes against the parroted narrative.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I would've thought that the name of the manufacturer would've been sufficient warning:

Q: Who made this crap ammo?

A: Some Bro...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top