Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2017 1:10:44 AM EDT
I've seen a few clear gel tests on the new version of Corbon's DPX in 9mm. The new bullet has cuts for thicker loner petals. The bullets in the tests expanded to about .85 and penetrated to around 13 inches. This seems clearly to be something new on the market to at least consider.

It would be interesting to see a test with autoglass and also a comparison against HST.

What do you guys think? Have any of you tested this round?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have tested DPX in 9mm, .357SIG, and .45 out of a short barrel and their results were outstanding. However those tests were with the original DPX. I went on Corbon's site and I don't see where you can purchase "new" DPX?  I tested Corbon's DPX not Barnes loads
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
They've moved to the new version on their website, at least in 9mm I would ask about other calibers. The 9mm will be the version that opens to .85.

Yeah I'm interested in how the new design does.

How did the dpx you tested do penetration-wise? Just 12-14in? Those who have tested it say it opens up more reliably than about anything.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a link so we know what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They've moved to the new version on their website, at least in 9mm I would ask about other calibers. The 9mm will be the version that opens to .85.

Yeah I'm interested in how the new design does.

How did the dpx you tested do penetration-wise? Just 12-14in? Those who have tested it say it opens up more reliably than about anything.
View Quote
The DPX rounds were all very consistent through 1)bare gel, 2)Winter wear consisting of Medium weight nylon outer shell filled with thinsulate. Cotton hoodie and 5.3oz cotton Tshirt. 3)4 layers of heavy denim and 4) one layer of 5.3oz cotton t shirt
All the 9mm, .357Sig, and .45 DPX expanded through all four of these media into a 10% clear ballistics gelatin

IN .45 Shield short barrel Corbon DPX 185+p is the most consistent with penetration to 13-14 1/2". Expansion .819.
Golden saber 185+p penetrated to 16-17" expansion .740".

In .357 Sig Corbon DPX 125gr penetrated to 17" and expanded to .680"

In 9mm DPX 115+P Corbon DPX 115 +P penetrated 16" with beautiful expansion of .685"
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is HST 230+P on left, DPX 185+P in middle and Golden Sabers 185+P on the right out of Shield .45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top