Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:39:26 AM EDT

When I ordered this form Bone Frog Gun Club I thought they were HST’s. Not that I was disappointed, just not what I was expecting.  I guess they get overshowed buy their HST line but it should prove interesting none the less.

Four rounds fired into two 16 inch blocks of Clear Ballistics gel form a Glock 19 with a four inch barrel. Two rounds through bare gel and then two through heavy clothing.

The first round in bare gel had velocity of 1078fps penetrated to 11 inches and expanded to .61 inches. The chrony didn’t pick up the second shot but it penetrated to 12 inches and expanded to .62 inches.

The first round in heavy clothing has an impact velocity of 1074fps penetrated to 14.5 inches and expanded to .61 inches. Shot number two hit a 1097fps 13 inches of penetration and expansion of .58 inches.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a solid performer, but 147 HSTs will be my go to until they are unthroned in head to head tests.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a solid performer, but 147 HSTs will be my go to until they are unthroned in head to head tests.
View Quote
100% agreed but still a fine round nonetheless.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Those look really good. Not really a round that gets much attention, but I would definitely carry them if that's how they perform. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Several of our local departments issue this round. It was made to perform through auto glass. I was told by the local LEO supply house that ATK/Vista has said this ammo is NOT supposed to be sold to civillians. That may be why it doesn't get much attention.  For the record it shoots incredibly well through my G34.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The box says it's bonded, which should make it a good barrier load, especially through auto glass. The HST is not a bonded round, although I'm stacked deep with HST 147 and don't plan on changing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top