Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 8:03:08 PM EDT
Gent's,

I searched and couldn't find any reviews on this ammo. Does anyone know if this is true NATO spec ammo...the brass isn't marked as such w/NATO cross?

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a few cases of IMI 9mm FMJ in both 115 and 124gr. It was maybe 2 years ago and came in plain brown cardboard boxes that did not have the green writing etc. It all shot well with the 124 "feeling" a little more consistent while the 115 sometimes a shot "felt" weaker than the others. I did not chrono. There have been youtube reviews of that older stuff by members here.

If I buy more 9mm in bulk, I think I will just buy whatever is cheapest like Blazer which was a lot cheaper than IMI and shot just as well, maybe better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a few cases of IMI 9mm FMJ in both 115 and 124gr. It was maybe 2 years ago and came in plain brown cardboard boxes that did not have the green writing etc. It all shot well with the 124 "feeling" a little more consistent while the 115 sometimes a shot "felt" weaker than the others. I did not chrono. There have been youtube reviews of that older stuff by members here.

If I buy more 9mm in bulk, I think I will just buy whatever is cheapest like Blazer which was a lot cheaper than IMI and shot just as well, maybe better.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the feedback...off to youtube
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I lumped the 115, 124 and 115 JHP together in a video. It's slightly slower than Win 9mm NATO:

9x19mm, 115gr FMJ, 115gr JHP (EX-Star), 124gr FMJ, IMI Ammunition Velocity Test
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Its not NATO spec ammo until it has been tested and passed STANAG and MOPI standards and approved by SG/1. Any manufacturer can load their ammo and label it as being "NATO" ammo and stamp their cases with the NATO symbol but that doesn't mean it is actual NATO ammo.

"Within NATO small caliber ammunition standardization, the NATO Design Mark has no official significance. It is generally accepted that the ammunition with this mark should, but cannot be guaranteed, to chamber correctly in a weapon. It should not be assumed though, that it will produce the expected performance or necessary level of safety required by the STANAG and MOPI."

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2011smallarms/WednesdayInter12315Pellegrino.pdf
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome video & thanks for all the info guys!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I lumped the 115, 124 and 115 JHP together in a video. It's slightly slower than Win 9mm NATO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBCotBV1KXo
View Quote

Buffman's excellent video is what I was referring to and this is the same stuff that I have. It looks and shoots well but I do not think it is worth $2 or more per box over Blazer or whatever...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top