BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2017 12:56:48 AM EDT
So I've shot some .40S&W that was as fast this load from Armscor :(
10mm Auto (10x25mm), 180gr FMJ, Armscor, Velocity Test
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Watched your vid earlier and said the same thing in my head. Why 10mm if its really just a 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#3]
When I first got my 10mm, I bought a box of every brand the store had. Except for Hornady defensive rounds and Remington 180 grain, the rest were a joke. 10mm really is best when loading your own. With starline brass and zero jhp bullets, you can make them scream for often half the price of what you'd pay for anemic 10mm commercial rounds. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I first got my 10mm, I bought a box of every brand the store had. Except for Hornady defensive rounds and Remington 180 grain, the rest were a joke. 10mm really is best when loading your own. With starline brass and zero jhp bullets, you can make them scream for often half the price of what you'd pay for anemic 10mm commercial rounds. 
View Quote
Yeah it seems so far besides maybe BB, Underwood, and the Sig I tested, the commercial 10mm loads are falling short. I'm pretty sure the person who donated the 10mm for testing was wanting to know which ones he should buy and which to stay away from
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't impressed with that Armscor 10mm ball ammo either, but I thought it was better than Pivy/PPU's watered-down 180gn load. The PPU was doing something like 1050fps.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the same velocity from it from my Glock 20. Weak sauce.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
While still not in the same class as underwood or buffalo bore, I recall of the mainstream makers winchester silver tips being closer to the original performance of the cartridge. As mentioned most factory 10mm loads are scarcely hotter than 40's these days. While not one to hot rod cartridges myself I certainly would want better performance if I went to the trouble of having a 10mm. This is really a round for handloaders based on cost and lack of performance of most factory loads.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While still not in the same class as underwood or buffalo bore, I recall of the mainstream makers winchester silver tips being closer to the original performance of the cartridge. As mentioned most factory 10mm loads are scarcely hotter than 40's these days. While not one to hot rod cartridges myself I certainly would want better performance if I went to the trouble of having a 10mm. This is really a round for handloaders based on cost and lack of performance of most factory loads.
View Quote

You are correct sir. There are a few maker of stout ammo, SIG, Underwood etc... but it is best as a handloaders cartridge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top