Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 3:05:16 PM EDT
Having an issue with getting a G19 mag to seat in the pistol with 10 rounds loaded.  Anyone else have this issue?  I was running Speer Gold Dot and Winchester PDX! Defenders with no issue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this one magazine in particular or all your G19 mags? Also, it it a 10 rd. mag? Have you tried a 15 rd. mag?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm. Maybe they stacked up weird in the mag as you loaded it. Dump the rounds out of the mag and reload it to see if it works. Make sure rounds are pushed to the back.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this one magazine in particular or all your G19 mags? Also, it it a 10 rd. mag? Have you tried a 15 rd. mag?
View Quote

Had it happen in two different mags.  I haven't tried it in a 15.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Weird. I checked the overall length of the hst and it seems normal/on the shorter side compared to gold dots.

Does the mag catch look good in the gun and on the magazine? Try loading with other ammo.

I feel like it's crazy it would cause that much difference with different ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Weird. I checked the overall length of the hst and it seems normal/on the shorter side compared to gold dots.

Does the mag catch look good in the gun and on the magazine? Try loading with other ammo.

I feel like it's crazy it would cause that much difference with different ammo.
View Quote

Ill have to check the mag catch when I get home.  Its basically a brand new Gen 4 19.  I think I have like 100 rounds through it.  I had been carring the Winchesters and didn't have the issue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Tried a 3rd mag and it seated fine.  Might be the other mags.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried a 3rd mag and it seated fine.  Might be the other mags.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Having an issue with getting a G19 mag to seat in the pistol with 10 rounds loaded.  Anyone else have this issue?  I was running Speer Gold Dot and Winchester PDX! Defenders with no issue.
View Quote

Strange.  All mine hold 15 except for the G17 mags that I normally carry as spares that hold two more.  Feel for you in the Empire State.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I've shot many 124g HST's, and carry them in my gen3 G19 with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
So it is a 10rd mag or no? It's not uncommon for a fully loaded mag to be very difficult to seat especially in a new mag.

Either give it a good smack to seat or just remove a round. It will get better as the springs wear in.

LAV says always down load Glock mags due to this. I dont, but if you were doing lots of tac reloads like SFOD-D does I could see it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So it is a 10rd mag or no? It's not uncommon for a fully loaded mag to be very difficult to seat especially in a new mag.

Either give it a good smack to seat or just remove a round. It will get better as the springs wear in.

LAV says always down load Glock mags due to this. I dont, but if you were doing lots of tac reloads like SFOD-D does I could see it.
View Quote

Ya it is a 10 rounder.  Hit the range with it today.  Seems to have gotten better.  I though about down loading the mag.  Trying not to limit myself since I live in the Unconstitutional state.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#12]
You've got a bad mag. I'd call up Glock and see about getting it replaced.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ya it is a 10 rounder.  Hit the range with it today.  Seems to have gotten better.  I though about down loading the mag.  Trying not to limit myself since I live in the Unconstitutional state.
View Quote

Right on, yeah it should get better in no time.

Same reason people put 28 in GI AR15 mags
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Then ten round ban mags are notorious  for being hard to seat fully loaded hit the base hard when seating you won't hurt anything
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top