Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2002 6:00:48 AM EDT
I'm considering getting some night sights installed on my 1991A1 Commander and was wondering who can refinish it with a factory black parkerized finish?  Hopefully the front sight will be dovetailed and pinned in, hence the need to refinish.  A quick dab of Brownell's OXPHO-BLUE isn't going to cut it.

I haven't decided on which sights except that they won't all be one shape and color.  I had a Kimber Compact CDP like that and didn't like it much.  I'm not sure I want a huge rear sight like a Novak, but I guess it depends on what's available.

Thanks,
Jon

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Kurt,

Can you give me a rough quote on the price to do this work using sights that I provide and my slide?
-cut dovetail for front sight
-cut rear of slide for novak rear sight
-repark bare areas
-install sights

And if I get a set of sights that don't need the rear modified:
-cut dovetail for front sight and repark
-install sights

You seem to be a pretty busy guy.  Between turning down AR barrels, cooking up crazy brakes and all that pistol caliber AR stuff this seems pretty tame.  I feel like I'm asking
a Master Chef for a PBJ sammich....

Thanks,
Jon

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top