Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2003 6:55:00 AM EDT
Opinions of which cold blue is the best, not so much in ease of application, but I am more interested in final appearance and durability.

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had good luck with Birchwood Casey Perma Blue. Just make sure you folllow the instructions or it won't come out right. I've had the best luck with putting the handgun(stripped and unloaded) into the oven at warm temp. just to get the gun warm. Don't try to cook it, just get it warm.

SAV308
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I second birchwood/carsey perma blue, so easy to use even I figured it out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Oxpho-Blue from brownells.

Here's what I do and get a great almost black finish. Disassemble clean parts of heavy krud and grease. Then into the dishwasher with some cascade, soon as it done, wear latex gloves to keep finger prints off, get the parts hot with a hair dryer then use cotton ball and q-tips to cover everything with the bluing. Then I dry again with hair dryer, then back into the dishwasher again, and repeat the process. Finally rinse the parts in plain water and dry. The metal will be super clean and will soak up your favorite lube like tri-flow. It will polish up to great finish. Last for years on my regular match guns that get a lot of use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top