Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 10:41:22 PM EDT
Anyone have any idea what would keep one of these from firing ? Seems like it was having light primer strikes, then quit all together. Belongs to a guy I work with, so I didnt get to see it shooting, or get to witness what it was doing. It's terribly dirty, I think maybe the firing pin channel is gummed up.

Any ideas ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
If it had decreasing light primer strikes, either the firing pin chamber is very dirty, or the firing pin spring is worn.  Both are very easy fixes
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I took it apart last night. It was extremely dirty, one of the nastiest guns I've ever seen actually. Took a lot of solvent and brushing to get it clean. Now it will launch a ink pen out everytime you pull the trigger. Before it wasn't even shaking it. So I'll try it later and see.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
By the way, that piece that goes at the back and holds the springs has came apart. I assume thats part of thr problem.

Where can you find parts ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I did get it firing every time you put a round in the chamber. Now the problem is it will fire only once. The next round will be between the barrel and the bolt, with the lead pointing straight up. If you put a round in the chamber and cycle it by hand, the extractor isn tpulling the round back out. Is it suppose too ? I dont know anything about these guns, just trying to help him get it fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top