Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 5:59:58 AM EDT by DNADuster]
Ok here goes, friend brought this pistol to me last night to try & disassemble.
He said the recoil rod was stuck out the front & he pulled the slide release out
& it is in current condition of pics below. He has never actually had it apart &
I dont have a clue. Any ideas?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:42:41 PM EDT
Looks like it is probably a Unique (a French manufacturer) model B/cf. I'm kinda guessing because I don't have a picture of that model but specs seem closest. It's a .32 or .380, right? Most likely the slide has to go all the way to the rear, lift up and slide off forward. It's possible the slide release has to be in the gun but rotated downward or something similar. Generally on guns of that type there is something that limits the rearward travel of the slide that must be moved or removed to allow disassembly. I'll check my books when I go to work next week to see if I have any info on that gun. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 5:40:50 PM EDT by none]
tag for outcome
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:22:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunnut284:
Looks like it is probably a Unique (a French manufacturer) model B/cf. I'm kinda guessing because I don't have a picture of that model but specs seem closest. It's a .32 or .380, right? Most likely the slide has to go all the way to the rear, lift up and slide off forward. It's possible the slide release has to be in the gun but rotated downward or something similar. Generally on guns of that type there is something that limits the rearward travel of the slide that must be moved or removed to allow disassembly. I'll check my books when I go to work next week to see if I have any info on that gun. Good luck.

Thanks gunnut284, markings on pistol:

Right side is marked: ARMES UNIQUE HENDAYE PP FRANCE
Left side: MODELE "L" MADE IN FRANCE
barrel: CAL 9m/m (380) COURT 6 COUPS

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:10:32 AM EDT
I guess it's a model L then. That was the other possibility, I was guessing from the size.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:44:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 11:46:12 AM EDT by DNADuster]
Pistol back together & functioning again with a big thanks to Wulf50guy.
He figured out disaassembly in about 60 seconds!
After that the rest was easy. Anyways here it is back together.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 4:20:34 AM EDT by wulf50guy]
Glad I could help out man.
Really weird hand gun.
The barrel is almost sort of dove tailed into the frame.
You actually had to bump the barrel out rearward to get the slide off.
And when you go to put it back togetehr it just pushes back in and snaps in place.
Only reason I fugured it out was running my finger across the feed ramp and i felt the grooves in it.
So I gave it a bump on the table and out it came.

ETA: correction ...the barrel came out to the rear not forward.
Top Top