Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 3:10:21 AM EDT
I have a strange timing problem with one of my Colt 1917's. In single action, timing is right on. Lockup is as tight as on a brand new gun. If I pull the trigger slowly, the gun locks up just as in SA. If I pull the trigger normaly, the clynder skips past lockup. I've changed the bolt spring and while that certainly increaded the tension on the bolt, it made no other difference.

In all cases, the bolt pops up at the beginning of the cutout leading to the detent slot. But, as I said, in normal DA the bolt just skips right on past the cylinder.

Any ideas out there from you COLT Gurus?
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like the hand. How's the ratchet?

Both hand and ratchet seem to be fine. And, as I say, the bolt is popping up at the right time but it just skips past the slot. I'm not sure how either the hand or ratchet could do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top