Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 7:19:00 PM EDT
I recently handled an all-tan factory Vickers RTF2 G19 that had a Vickers u-notch rear sight and a green outlined tritium front sight as part of the package. The front sight was marked Ameriglo. I instantly fell in love with that sight combo. I couldn't explain why exactly, but I picked up that front sight much faster than the Trijicon HDs and Ameriglo Spartans I have been using for the last several years, so I'm now trying to replicate that combo on my own Glocks.

According to Wilson's site, the Vickers Elite Battlesight requires a 0.245” tall front post. However, according to Ameriglo's site, the closest Pro-Glo front they offer to that is 0.240" tall. I'm no expert, but five thousandths seems like a fairly insignificant difference... perhaps imperceptible. So, I'm not sure if the gun I handled had that slight mismatch from the factory, or maybe Ameriglo partnered with Wilson for a special run the correct height, but all I need to know is if this slight discrepancy will mess up my POA/POI to a significant degree or not, or if this combination will be perfectly acceptable.

Photos from GunBroker below show the combination I'm speaking of. I appreciate any advice.

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Up close, not enough to worry about. You will probably notice it at 50-100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I called Wilson and they said the -0.005" height would definitely not be an issue and in fact would be ideal for the shorter sight radius on a G19 since these numbers were published with a G17 in mind, but CS said the width likely would be a problem. They recommend .125” wide front sights for the Vicker's rear battlesight, and the Ameriglo is .140" wide, a discrepancy of +0.015" - in conjunction with the shorter sight radius, it would would likely fill up the notch entirely.

I emailed Ameriglo about this also to see if they could tell me if the front sight on the Vickers G19 is proprietary or not. It'll be interesting to see what their CS has to say, but it's starting to sound like Ameriglo may have made a special run of Pro-Glo sights specifically for this collaboration with Wilson for the Vickers Glock.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Response from AmeriGlo in case anyone cares:

Thank you for your interest in AmeriGlo Firearm Sights.  We do make the front sight for the Vickers Glock pistol but as you stated below, it is a front sight specifically for Vickers and not available thru AmeriGlo. The Vickers front sight is .220" high and .125" wide with the green paint.  We do offer a Glock front sight .220 high x .125 wide with green paint. It is like our other Glock ProGlo front sights, just a bit higher and thinner. It is not yet available on our website, but can be purchased directly from me at the number below. Price is $60 plus $10 shipping.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the sight radius?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top