Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 8:22:31 AM EDT
Hi All,

Many years ago I had Yost fit new sights on my Browning Hi Power. They are Novac lowmount.  They are all black and the front has the horizontal cuts.

So, is there a way to bring out the front sight and make it more visible?  I would really love a gold bead, but I think that will be expensive.

Is anyone familiar with those metallic paint pens? I have sight paint (bright sights)?

Any other options that I am missing?

Thanks and regards
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always liked white.  I keep a jar of Testors while model paint in my cleaning kit.  To fill in dot sights, I break a toothpick in half, and use the broken end for a brush.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Brownells website and look at the options for Novak sights. If you order anything, make sure you measure your original sight height so you order the correct sight the first time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
An older thread but since there weren't many answer....

I've been painting my front sights for a long time.  They work great.

First thoroughly clean the sight and tape off the edges.
Apply a white base paint, this is very important for the final look.  I use an enamel paint pen with a fine point I got from a crafts store.
After the white has dried I put down a coat of Testors fluorescent orange (or color of your choice).  
Let dry and peal the tape.  

These aren't great pictures but they illustrate the difference.

Regular front sight:

Painted front sight:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top