Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2016 5:41:19 PM EDT
The stock 7 rd. stainless magazines that came with my SR1911 were tighter than tight when releasing the slide on a loaded magazine.  I tried other magazines i.e. Colt and Wilson and those magazines seemed to function properly when releasing the slide.  Well after several frustrating moments of this , I replaced the springs in the Ruger mags with some Wilson springs that I had laying around and that seemed to correct the "problem".
The slide releases with ease now just a 1911 is suppose to work.  
So, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with their Ruger 1911?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Many brand new 1911 mags are very tight when new. And can be unreliable first time out.
Best to leave new mags loaded for a week or two before hitting range.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
My ruger sr1911 factory mags drop free and work perfectly. Still need to stock up on oem when they get cheap
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine work fine.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a bit of 1911aholic, but regardless of the manufacturer (excluding Wilson and the like) its pretty much standard practice to throw the factory mags into my designated Tupperware container for them and replace them with Wilsons or CMC's.  So many 1911 issues being magazine related I really haven't found too many quality "factory Mags".   Out of curiosity, why did you replace the springs with the Wilson ones and not just use the Wilson mag?  Did you also use the follower?
Yet to add any of the new Ruger 1911's to the collection, but everything Ive seen and heard indicates a jam up firearm.  People love them.   Unfortunately, no matter who makes them, seems that same "jam up" never quite makes it to the mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top