Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 5:04:56 PM EDT
So, I am working on building a 9mm 2011, and I am working on fitting the barrel to the slide.

I got the hood fitted, the bushing fitted, and I have .465 locking lug engagement.

I've built .45ACP 1911's and 2011's, but this is my first 9mm.

Is the barrel supposed to sit with a slope towards the muzzle? The back of the barrel hood to the top of the slide, at full lock is .0905 and the front of is .1005. It's not a lot of slope, but it is visible.

Is this normal with 9mm barrels? Do I just adjust the sights and call it good? Is something wrong with the parts?

This is a KKM Precision bbl and a Fusion 9mm Slide.

For reference those that like visual aids:
You can see that the Chamber are is sloped vs the slide.
0915161447 by ARNEWB, on Flickr
It's harder to see in the picture, but the muzzle is slanted down as well.
0915161447a by ARNEWB, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have answers to your question.  I'm just interested because my threaded 9mm Jarvis barrel that I will be fitting into a Fusion commander length slide is getting in next week.  Milling the 80% 2011 frame and fitting everything else hasn't been an issue.  Fitting the bushing and barrel to the slide have me worried a bit.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have answers to your question.  I'm just interested because my threaded 9mm Jarvis barrel that I will be fitting into a Fusion commander length slide is getting in next week.  Milling the 80% 2011 frame and fitting everything else hasn't been an issue.  Fitting the bushing and barrel to the slide have me worried a bit.

CHRIS
View Quote

Honestly, getting the barrel and slide to this point has been simple. It's just a measure and file process.

I've talked with a friend of mine who is a gunsmith, and he doesn't think there is any issue here, but thinks I need to get the frame and slide lapped together and see how it's going to fit with the barrel link.

I assume he's right, it's just odd that I haven't seen this noticeable of a slope in my .45ACP builds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
9 mm recoils is not the same as .45 ACP recoil.

No reaon to expect the barrel alignment to be the same.

Light faster may have less recoil movement before clearing the barrel.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If OP is still monitoring this thread, the angle is normal.  The barrel sits at a 1 degree angle to the slide bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top