Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2016 4:11:35 PM EDT
So out shooting the other day the plunger assembly on the side decided to go MIA.  It's gone.  I see you can buy replacements online.  Are they all a standard size?  Are they a PITA to install?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So out shooting the other day the plunger assembly on the side decided to go MIA.  It's gone.  I see you can buy replacements online.  Are they all a standard size?  Are they a PITA to install?
View Quote

They are pretty standard, assuming you buy a quality brand of replacment, and assuming that Remington builds their frame with standard hole size and spacing.

You will need a plunger staking pliers or a special staking punch and a piece of drill rod to fill the tube (to prevent crushing) when staking the legs of the tube.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one come out of a Colt "Enhanced Commander" so don't feel bad.  They are easy to replace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top