Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2016 1:22:23 PM EDT
I'm looking in to messing around with grip texturing some of my polyframed pistols.

I'm familiar with the Silicon Carbide material but was wondering what other types of material are used.

I had one done by a guy in Texas(grip reductions.com). And he had one called "tactical" that was some material a lot less abrasive and black. Is almost sticky to the touch. Can't figure out what it was.

Any epoxy suggestions welcome too. l've used the  hardware store available 2 part epoxies with good results.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i like Talon Grips.   The "sand paper" type is my favorite feeling, but I got the "rubber" type to avoid rubbing on my side.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i like Talon Grips.   The "sand paper" type is my favorite feeling, but I got the "rubber" type to avoid rubbing on my side.
View Quote

Talon grips are a great product. But I'm referring more to the permanent applications.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Latest project.

60/90 grit Silicon Carbide and epoxy on a full size P320 frame.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
^nasty
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^nasty
View Quote

Are you trying to tell me it looks like shit?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The grit size is a lot more important than the grit material.

How tough do you thing your skin is?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldnt get marine tech epoxy to go on smooth.  I used jb weld and it turned out great. 60/90 here too.  

Taking the time to tape it carefully was the hardest part.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top