Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2003 6:17:10 PM EDT
I just got the 627pc revolver, brought it home cleaned it went to use it and I couldn't get 357s in all the chambers.I cleaned it a second time and they fit better. I talked to a few people and was told that it needed to be cleaned when I change from 38s to 357s. Also I am having a hard time getting the bullets into the moon clips and then in to the gun. They just don't seat all the way down. Thanks for any help.
Seamus44mag
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:22:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2003 6:25:18 PM EDT by DavidC]
Firing lead 38's in a 357 will put a noticible residue ring around each chamber in the cylinder. That's what your 357 rounds were hanging up on.

The moon clips can be very hard to load and unload. Check www.moonclips.com/ for mooner/demooner tools and additional clips. I'm currently using moonclips I bought in 10-packs from Brownell's for ~ $15/pack.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:49:08 AM EDT
Two tricks.

First, hold onto some spent 357Mag casings. When shooting 38Special, as soon as you finish shooting run the spent casings into the cylinders and leave them in until you get a chance to clean.

The secret to living with moonclips is to roll the cartridge in instead of pushing it. Give it a try and I think you'll find loading them easier.
Top Top