Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 6:34:39 PM EDT
I was in my FFL today picking up a preban AR and I was looking through the cases and this caught my eye so I bought it. Anyone own one and what can I expect out of it? It's heavy and feels great in the hand, seems like it will be an accurate .22 pistol.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sure you will hit your "charging rhino" target at 15 yards just fine...

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob,

I have found that some models leave much to be desired in the area of disassembly and reassembly. But, my experience as an instructor with Smith and Wesson handguns chambered in .22 Long Rifle, has been that they are very reliable, accurate, and they are good shooters.

Be Safe.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure he can hit the charging rhino target but how will he do under pressure when he comes across one of those Desert Sportsman monster spiders he keeps talking about?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sure he can hit the charging rhino target but how will he do under pressure when he comes across one of those Desert Sportsman monster spiders he keeps talking about?

Don't make fun of that spider.  You didn't see it.  It didn't glare at you like it did me... I will always be armed at the range because of that monster arachnid.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that's almost identical(mine's a slabside). I love it. Really accurate and the weight makes it easy to shoot. I bought that grip for it and am thinking about sanding it down just a touch. Let us know how you like it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have this exact same SW. It shoots more accurately than many of my .22 rifles and is way more reliable. I bought the normal plastic grips and the shorter slab barrel from the Gun parts website so that my wife could use it. It is kind of heavy but you get used to it. I mounted a Tasco Red dot on the 5 inch barrel and love to shoot it. It is easy to clean. I must have 4-5,000 rounds thru mine and never had to fix a thing. Good luck and have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top