Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 6:01:05 PM EDT
I just  purchased the sw99 in .45. I got to test it out last weekend. It is a pretty smooth machne. Although in .45 "Q" would not approve. How dare walther go the way of the americans.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I got to handle one a while back. It was something I definitely wanted. The rep then told me about their soon-to-come .45acp compact!

Does Walther sell the exact same models as  S&W?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
So far there is no Walther .45, only the SW.  I'm waiting for the Walther version to come out and I want a green one.

Sweeeeeeeeet.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no word of the walther version in .45. I would sure like to see one though. I have heard a rumour that Europe is finally taking the .40 seriously. Maybe they will see our way into the wisdom of the .45
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Why does Walther not make a .45 also? I thought S&W owned Walther & anything one made the other did also, kinda like Chevy & Pontiac & Buick?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly, S&W and Walther entered into an "agreement" to share technology and Walther is not owned by S&W. The real scoop is anyone's guess, but, if anything, I would tend to believe that Walther is the big dog in the pen.

The europeans mostly think we are crazy for using large caliber pistols, and there is zero market anywhere in the world for a .45 except for the U.S. I have a buddy who is a Canine cop in a very small, quiet German state who sometimes forgets to even carry his pistol on calls...SigP6 9mm. They have rifles back at the station (FALs) but they never shoot them or train with them. They WILL, however, beat and dog bite the ever-loving shit out of you if you resist!

I would say we'll never see the Walther in .45, but I could not believe it when they came out with the .40, so maybe there is some hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top