Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 6:51:45 PM EDT
I am looking for more full moon clips to use in my 627 PC 8 shot .357.  Anyone know of a place that sells these cheaper than Smiths PC which wants $9.98 for 3.   I have saw other calibers on Ebay for as cheap as $9 for 12 but never came across the 8 hole 357's.  On the same subject, do you really have to use these or are they just for speed loading.  I did notice that if you put a round in the cylinder without the clip only the outside ring on the cylinder is actually touching the rim of the case.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Ranch products (www.ranchproducts.com).  They have moon-clips at great prices but I'm not sure if they have your application.  You have to call to order and I just ordered 100 .45 ACP moon clips for 29 dollars.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Given that the 8-hole clips are relatively new, you may be SOL on your search.

No, you do not have to use them, a SK speedloader would do you just fine, as would Safariland brand. In fact, I would urge Safariland over any others due to their quality. However, quality ain't cheap, sir.  

Hit some web sites & see what's available & you should have a better idea of what to get. Moon clips are almost exclusively used for 9mm & .45acp in revolvers, i.e. rebated/rimless calibers.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.moonclips.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=154&cat=%2E38+Special%2F%2E357+Magnum+#

The price is about what you have found the moonclips go for about $3.25 each. I've order mine from the above link www.moonclip.com and find their product is very good. I also have a loading tool and brass removal tool from them. Unfortunetly HK does not make a speed loader for the PC627 maybe someday they will? There is another company that makes a speedloader,  I have a couple of them and don't like them because the don't hold the shells securly like HK's. But here's their link www.speedloaders.com/

RC
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some of those Maxfires for my 627. Fine for range use, but not the sturdiest things in the world. They will wear out with use. Also, with .38 they are fine, but they don't seem to hold .357 too sturdily. *shrug* I remember hearing something about 'SL Variant' speedloaders being available for 627s, but I couldn't find any more information on them.

I bought a 10-pack of moonclips from someone on the S-W forums way back, but I don't really use them much. At the range, I just shoot without them, and only use them for keeping more ammo in the nightstand.

What, no Bianchi Speedstrip fans here?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
A good little article in this month's American Handgunner on S&W moon clips. Good timing, it seems?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top