Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 3:28:29 AM EDT
The trigger on mine was a bit gritty when it was new. after shooting it a bit it really smoothed out and now is better than any of my XD's. I truly love my M&P and cant wait untill i can get one in .45 acp. I think i am going to buy a 9mm to just for fun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:29:48 PM EDT
How many rounds do you have through it so far?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:50:11 PM EDT
750+ and i still have not cleaned it. I love this pistol beats my XD's hands down!!! very well made accurate as well
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:35:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kgpcr4:
750+ and i still have not cleaned it. I love this pistol beats my XD's hands down!!! very well made accurate as well

Thanks man!

That just lets me know that I made the right decision when I traded in my GLOCK 19 for it!

I can't wait to shoot this thing!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:54 AM EDT
when the 9mm comes out, I plan to try and dig one up to try out - if I like it, maybe I'll get one.

That new Kimber polymer gun looks an aweful lot alike the M&P, though. I'm curious about that one too, after it gets released in 9mm.

Why is everyone releasing 40 cal guns first :p
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:29:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shipwreck:
Why is everyone releasing 40 cal guns first :p

That's probably a good thing in my opinion. Good if you are a .40 guy because up to this point, most guns were designed as 9mm gun and then later converted to .40. Because of that I believe, some of those guns are not as reliable in .40 as they are in 9mm.

It's also good if you are a 9mm guy because if the gun was designed to withstand the .40, then it will be over built for the 9mm. I like over built guns!

What I'm more interested in is the mag disconnect and internal lock. I will not buy a gun with either of those features. It was rumored that LEO's would be able to buy these M&P's without those features. Does anybody know if any of these stripped down versions have made it into the general circulation yet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:19:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 5:21:12 AM EDT by TN-popo]
Every M&P I've seen to date has the mag disconnect safety, but NO internal lock. It seems S&W's first batch was made without the lock.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:23 AM EDT
If the magazine disconnect "safety" is like their other autos, it's a very simple thing to disconnect on your own. I don't, because I like having the safety, especially on a duty gun, but many others have. I've read about doing it before, and it's as simple as removing a plastic piece in the slide, if I remeber correctly.

I would assume they made it as simple to install/remove as their other autos. It wouldn't make sense to have a complicated assy when they offer the pistol both ways.
Top Top