Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 10:44:52 PM EDT
I was at my local sportsmans warehouse today

I had bought a S&W J frame airweight a couple of weeks ago and was curious what they wanted for it.  I ask the guy and he says it is 327.99, but it is a scandium airweight.  I said really, he went on to tell me about the benefits of scandium.  I wish I could have bought a NIB scandium for $328
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Must be a much older model they bought at a much cheaper price, IMO. If it had the little atomic drawing on the side of the gun, it was scandium.

Did you get a model # off the crane?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like an Airwieght  at that price
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Must be a much older model they bought at a much cheaper price, IMO. If it had the little atomic drawing on the side of the gun, it was scandium.

Did you get a model # off the crane?

My 342 has the little atomic drawing and it an Airlite (Ti)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I will catch hell for this but I put the J-frames into three catagories: steel, aluminum alloy & titanium/scandium. IMO, there's not much difference between ti & scandium, at least from the laymen's perspective..

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will catch hell for this but I put the J-frames into three catagories: steel, aluminum alloy & titanium/scandium. IMO, there's not much difference between ti & scandium, at least from the laymen's perspective..

understood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top