Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:44:52 PM EDT
I was at my local sportsmans warehouse today

I had bought a S&W J frame airweight a couple of weeks ago and was curious what they wanted for it. I ask the guy and he says it is 327.99, but it is a scandium airweight. I said really, he went on to tell me about the benefits of scandium. I wish I could have bought a NIB scandium for $328
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:26:32 PM EDT
Must be a much older model they bought at a much cheaper price, IMO. If it had the little atomic drawing on the side of the gun, it was scandium.

Did you get a model # off the crane?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:47:27 AM EDT
sounds like an Airwieght at that price
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:51:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Must be a much older model they bought at a much cheaper price, IMO. If it had the little atomic drawing on the side of the gun, it was scandium.

Did you get a model # off the crane?

My 342 has the little atomic drawing and it an Airlite (Ti)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:51:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MudBug:

I will catch hell for this but I put the J-frames into three catagories: steel, aluminum alloy & titanium/scandium. IMO, there's not much difference between ti & scandium, at least from the laymen's perspective..

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:17:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By MudBug:

I will catch hell for this but I put the J-frames into three catagories: steel, aluminum alloy & titanium/scandium. IMO, there's not much difference between ti & scandium, at least from the laymen's perspective..

understood.
Top Top