Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Given the information that for me, this is a woods/bear Defense gun, the question now is, which optic? I’m leaning toward one of the Holosun enclosed.
View Quote

I like the HoloSun 507.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Given the information that for me, this is a woods/bear Defense gun, the question now is, which optic? I'm leaning toward one of the Holosun enclosed.
View Quote
CHPWS just added an M&P 2.0 to EPS/EPS carry plate. I've got two EPS carry and an EPS, all the MRS version. I need pick up another regular EPS at some point when I see a good deal.

https://chpws.com/product/sw-m2-0-c-o-r-e-to-holosun-eps-eps-carry-preorder/
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I like the HoloSun 507.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given the information that for me, this is a woods/bear Defense gun, the question now is, which optic? I’m leaning toward one of the Holosun enclosed.

I like the HoloSun 507.

I have a 507K on my P365XL. I like it a lot. I sorta want to try an enclosed version though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
CHPWS just added an M&P 2.0 to EPS/EPS carry plate. I've got two EPS carry and an EPS, all the MRS version. I need pick up another regular EPS at some point when I see a good deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given the information that for me, this is a woods/bear Defense gun, the question now is, which optic? I'm leaning toward one of the Holosun enclosed.

Their all in one kit looks nice. Cheap ish way to get into a start of a set of fix it sticks
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Range update #2 @AeroEngineer

The last range trip the optic sight screws failed and sheared after 14rds of Underwood 220gr hardcast.

After reinstalling the optic with new screws and bonding the slide/plate/optic together with E6000 industrial rubber cement, the optic sight screws sheared again after 16rds.

The light spot on the slide is where the rubber cement was and was separated when the optic screws sheared
Attachment Attached File

The rubber cement between the optic and optic plate was still intact
Attachment Attached File

Aero, whats interesting is that the slide and optic plate both have a circular cutout that mate with each other and lock in, then rubber cement, then the screws and it still failed in this area. The mating circular cutouts should provide some mechanical support. I am certain that on both failures the plate was properly mated with the cutouts. I am wondering if this may be a case to try a metal optic plate so it has a metal to metal lock up with the slide. Also the gunsmith said he can retap for thicker screws, which I am going to try next. I just need to know I can shoot two boxes of 220gr hardcast without the screws shearing, and then I'll likely never have to shoot this ammo again (woods carry only).
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI, the Floyd's Custom 10mm +5 extension, combined with their Wolff extra coil spring is an easy way to carry a whole 20rd box of self defense 10mm ammo.

Just loaded it for the first time with a full 20rds in the mag. It's difficult to get that to seat on a closed slide but on an open slide or 19 in the mag +1 in the gun is easy.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]
looks great!
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The last range trip the optic sight screws failed and sheared after 14rds of Underwood 220gr hardcast.

After reinstalling the optic with new screws and bonding the slide/plate/optic together with E6000 industrial rubber cement, the optic sight screws sheared again after 16rds.

The light spot on the slide is where the rubber cement was and was separated when the optic screws sheared
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/IMG_2980_JPEG-2766684.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/IMG_2982_JPEG-2766685.JPG

Aero, whats interesting is that the slide and optic plate both have a circular cutout that mate with each other and lock in, then rubber cement, then the screws and it still failed in this area. The mating circular cutouts should provide some mechanical support. I am certain that on both failures the plate was properly mated with the cutouts. I am wondering if this may be a case to try a metal optic plate so it has a metal to metal lock up with the slide. Also the gunsmith said he can retap for thicker screws, which I am going to try next. I just need to know I can shoot two boxes of 220gr hardcast without the screws shearing, and then I'll likely never have to shoot this ammo again (woods carry only).
View Quote

Dang! I’m gonna go straight to the CHPWS posted above. Remind me what springs you have in this pistol?

That Underwood is EXACTLY the ammo I’m looking at carrying.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dang! I’m gonna go straight to the CHPWS posted above. Remind me what springs you have in this pistol?

View Quote

@lilMAC25, I have 22lb wolf and guide rod. I am not sure if a CHPWS plate will fix the issue? What is the point of a metal vs plastic optic plate?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/IMG_2980_JPEG-2766684.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/IMG_2982_JPEG-2766685.JPG

View Quote

What torque value did you use on the screws?  What thread locker did you use on the fasteners?  Did you notice any change in the witness marks before the failure?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What torque value did you use on the screws?  What thread locker did you use on the fasteners?  Did you notice any change in the witness marks before the failure?
View Quote

after my in/lb torque wrench was questioned, i very very gently hand tightened them with blue loctite. barely snug. no witness marks, i forgot.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@lilMAC25, I have 22lb wolf and guide rod. I am not sure if a CHPWS plate will fix the issue? What is the point of a metal vs plastic optic plate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I’m way off, but I’d think plastic would have a vastly different moment of inertia than the slide.

ETA: CHPWS also has their own brand/make of screws they use. At this point, I’d be trying different things to fix it. I’ll be picking up my SW 10mm tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully long since addressed, but have any of you found significant spring compression/mag failures?  My factory mags (still only have two) were not even left loaded and they both caused failures to feed with warm (max published loads of Blue Dot and 180gr XTPs) loads.

I thought it might be the soft recoil spring, so I put a 24lb in there with a new guide rod.  Still had failures to come to battery/feed, so I figured it was magazine related. I bought replacement magazine springs, and when they arrived I disassembled the magazine that gave me the most trouble and the spring clearly looks compressed compared to the other magazine which has less rounds through it...which I used more and then it too started to compress in length.  

Since the replacement mag springs have been installed in both mags I have not had any failures to feed/go fully into battery.  If you have multiple mags, compare the springs to see if you are experiencing any spring compression.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hopefully long since addressed, but have any of you found significant spring compression/mag failures?  My factory mags (still only have two) were not even left loaded and they both caused failures to feed with warm (max published loads of Blue Dot and 180gr XTPs) loads.

I thought it might be the soft recoil spring, so I put a 24lb in there with a new guide rod.  Still had failures to come to battery/feed, so I figured it was magazine related. I bought replacement magazine springs, and when they arrived I disassembled the magazine that gave me the most trouble and the spring clearly looks compressed compared to the other magazine which has less rounds through it...which I used more and then it too started to compress in length.  

Since the replacement mag springs have been installed in both mags I have not had any failures to feed/go fully into battery.  If you have multiple mags, compare the springs to see if you are experiencing any spring compression.
View Quote

did you have issues with factory ball ammo? wondering if your loads are too fast for the weak mag springs regardless of recoil spring. im not an expert

i never shot my pistol w the factory mag springs, replaced with wolf: here is my comparison two pages ago

wolf left, unfired factory right
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

did you have issues with factory ball ammo? wondering if your loads are too fast for the weak mag springs regardless of recoil spring. im not an expert

i never shot my pistol w the factory mag springs, replaced with wolf: here is my comparison two pages ago

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/57029CBB-AF25-49D4-B702-105DBBE840FD_jpe-2683141.JPG
View Quote

I did shoot the pistol with mild loads that I had on hand, and the trouble began when I started to use warmer rounds.  I initially thought it was the main recoil spring that was the culprit, then I started to suspect the magazine.  As you point out the mag has to supply the round with more force if the slide is going to cycle with more speed. What I thought odd was the spring of the primary magazine (again, I have only two on hand) that I was using was visibly compressed - in comparison to the other factory (much less used) magazine.  That is why I bother to mention this as an oddity- but maybe worth an examination.

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

after my in/lb torque wrench was questioned, i very very gently hand tightened them with blue loctite. barely snug. no witness marks, i forgot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My theory - the fasteners weren’t torqued sufficiently, they lost preload and then took the full shear load snd failed.

IMO you need to properly torque the fasteners and add witness marks.

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I did shoot the pistol with mild loads that I had on hand, and the trouble began when I started to use warmer rounds.  I initially thought it was the main recoil spring that was the culprit, then I started to suspect the magazine.  As you point out the mag has to supply the round with more force if the slide is going to cycle with more speed. What I thought odd was the spring of the primary magazine (again, I have only two on hand) that I was using was visibly compressed - in comparison to the other factory (much less used) magazine.  That is why I bother to mention this as an oddity- but maybe worth an examination.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/210556/57029CBB-AF25-49D4-B702-105DBBE840FD_jpe-2683141.JPG

I keep a 10 pack of Wolff +10% springs on hand for the 9/40 mags for just this reason.  I suspect S&W sources their mag springs in lots and some lots suck.

I’ve had multiple problem-child M&P mags over the years become suddenly 100% reliable just by swapping the spring.  And the factory springs out of these mags always look short compared to the Wolff springs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I keep a 10 pack of Wolff +10% springs on hand for the 9/40 mags for just this reason.  I suspect S&W sources their nag firings in kits, snd sone lots suck.

I’ve had multiple problem-child M&P mags over the years become suddenly 100% reliable just by swapping the spring.  And the factory springs out of these mags always look short compared to the Wolff springs.
View Quote

Interdasting- thanks!  I have two magazines = statistically meaningless.

So far replacing the mag spring (and mainspring) has solved the functioning issue.  I am very satisfied with how well the gun shoots accuracy wise.

I am so happy that more 10mm options are on the market, and while the G20 kept the 10mm alive it was in many ways best described as "life support".  

Now what I do not need- and yet someone will make- and I will buy- is a 6" barrel for the M&P 10mm.  Oh lawdy.

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My theory - the fasteners weren’t torqued sufficiently, they lost preload and then took the full shear load snd failed.

View Quote

respectfully, im skeptical on torque being the issue. they broke on 15 in/lbs w torque wrench after 14rds. survived 16rds this time with E6000 and careful hand tightening

slide is back with the gunsmith now, to remove sheared screws, and retap w 3x larger dia. screws. will report back next weeks range report. this should put the issue to bed
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I keep a 10 pack of Wolff +10% springs on hand for the 9/40 mags for just this reason.  I suspect S&W sources their mag springs in lots and some lots suck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M&P 45 mags had at least one batch of bad springs at one point. I have one that was never used, only loaded once, and the follower sits about 1/4 of the way down the mag due to spring compression. S&W told me they didn’t have any springs to send me when I called them, I haven’t bothered to replace it with Wolff yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

respectfully, im skeptical on torque being the issue. they broke on 15 in/lbs w torque wrench after 14rds. survived 16rds this time with E6000 and careful hand tightening

slide is back with the gunsmith now, to remove sheared screws, and retap w 3x larger dia. screws. will report back next weeks range report. this should put the issue to bed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holosun fasteners for the 407/507 are #6, so 9/64 (0.13”) outer thread diameter.  So your gunsmith is installing a fastener 3X this diameter?  That doesn’t make sense.

So whatever the gunsmith is doing, have you checked to make sure the new fastener size will fit through the holes on the optic?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holosun fasteners for the 407/507 are #6, so 9/64 (0.13”) outer thread diameter.  So your gunsmith is installing a fastener 3X this diameter?  That doesn’t make sense.

So whatever the gunsmith is doing, have you checked to make sure the new fastener size will fit through the holes on the optic?
View Quote

he is cutting threads for larger/wider fasteners, i forget the size. a dry fit with the holosun showed it was a tad too big so i asked him to drill it out larger to fit bigger fasteners
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there an optic footprint that doesn’t need a plate to mount to a 10mm?
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think you have to have your slide milled to the exact specs of the optic. m&p is oversized so you have a wide range of optic choices. optic plates are used to fill in the optic cutout, and uses the two recoil lugs for support
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i think you have to have your slide milled to the exact specs of the optic. m&p is oversized so you have a wide range of optic choices. optic plates are used to fill in the optic cutout, and uses the two recoil lugs for support
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gracias, I’ll just use a plate.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#26]
So I made it to the range yesterday and had some trouble. My magazine would drop out 2 to 3 times per mag. I took the magazine release out and was looking at the engagement of it. It doesn’t look like there’s much that can be done. I did, however flip the magazine release around to the other side and it does appear to be working better. I guess it’s something with the geometry of the magazine and it works better that way. Anybody who has had issues with their magazine dropping try flipping your magazine release and see if it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I made it to the range yesterday and had some trouble. My magazine would drop out 2 to 3 times per mag. I took the magazine release out and was looking at the engagement of it. It doesn’t look like there’s much that can be done. I did, however flip the magazine release around to the other side and it does appear to be working better. I guess it’s something with the geometry of the magazine and it works better that way. Anybody who has had issues with their magazine dropping try flipping your magazine release and see if it makes a difference.
View Quote

I've seen slow-motion videos of people having that happen.  It's because of their grip and the recoil of the 10mm, pushing their thumb against the mag release.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is supposed to be a version of the Holosun SCS for the M&P footprint, not sure if the 10mm is the same cut as the 9mm/.40.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Just picked up my 4.6” model… holy crap, this trigger must have been molded in a bed of loose sand. Gritty as heck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just picked up my 4.6” model… holy crap, this trigger must have been molded in a bed of loose sand. Gritty as heck.
View Quote

It smooths out with use.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pull the striker block plunger and deburr the channel and polish the plunger.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It smooths out with use.
View Quote

Honestly, it’s already lost a bit of it (or I’ve gotten used to it) during the little bit of dry fire I’ve been doing.
Quoted:

Pull the striker block plunger and deburr the channel and polish the plunger.
View Quote

I might do that. I’ve also considered buying a poly Alex trigger kit that includes a new strike block plunger for it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Honestly, it’s already lost a bit of it (or I’ve gotten used to it) during the little bit of dry fire I’ve been doing.

I might do that. I’ve also considered buying a poly Alex trigger kit that includes a new strike block plunger for it.
View Quote

my 10mm trigger was similar but after a little bit of dryfire it quickly improved and now theres no way id change it out

my old 1.0 shield did get an apex trigger, was pretty crappy
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#34]
After I got home from the range I sent S&W an email about the issue and they responded back saying...
We can either send you out the parts to replace the mag catch yourself or have the gun returned for service and have it repaired here.
I hope they already knew there was an issue and have an updated part. Not they just think I had a defective mag release and are sending another one that is the same.
We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok, just got back from first range trip, ZERO issues, other than….

On one of my mags, it ejected the final (unfired) round in the magazine somehow when I fired my penultimate round. Not only did it do that to me, it did the same to my buddy. Blazer Brass 180 gr RN (all that Academy had on hand). I don’t know if it was the same magazine each time or not.

It is snappy, and QUITE a bit more boisterous than my 9mm P365XL. I assume these aren’t full house loads.  

Put about 85 rounds through it today without a single misfire other than the issue above. Oh, and I very much have to compensate high and left to be on target.

Attachment Attached File

I’ll snag some more ammo, throw in the heavier spring that I ordered from Wolff earlier this week, and toss the 509T on top and then go shoot it some more next week.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[youtube]shorts/2Fuz8PWkwMg?feature=share[/youtube]

Looks like Holosun too?  I have several M&P’s, including the 10mm, that all have RMR’s mounted and haven’t had any issues. Wonder if it’s the steel Holuson is using.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2Fuz8PWkwMg?feature=share

Looks like Holosun too?  I have several M&P’s, including the 10mm, that all have RMR’s mounted and haven’t had any issues. Wonder if it’s the steel Holuson is using.
View Quote

Are there replacement optic fasteners available? Preferably something good made in the USA?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I finally got to shoot some full power ammo today (Underwood), after previously just going through a box or two of S&B 180 grain.  I went through a magazine of 115 gr Xtreme defense (no issues), two magazines of 200 gr hollow points (no issues), and one magazine of 200 gr hard cast, but I had three malfunctions with the hard cast: 1 failure to feed, and twice the slide locked back after firing even though I still had rounds in the magazine.  I'm running a 22# spring, so I'm guessing I need a 24# spring to prevent the slide locking to the rear with the hard cast?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are there replacement optic fasteners available? Preferably something good made in the USA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2Fuz8PWkwMg?feature=share

CHPWS.com has replacement screws. Not sure where they’re made.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

my 10mm trigger was similar but after a little bit of dryfire it quickly improved and now theres no way id change it out

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took the striker block out yesterday and polished it with a handheld bit of Never-Dull. It didn’t change anything. I hit the trigger arm (where it contacts the striker block) with a felt dremel head and some toothpaste and it made a tiny bit of difference. All I did was polish it a wee bit.

I guess a lot of dry fire is needed.

The good news is, once you’re through the gritty take up, the break is pretty crisp and probably in the 4-5 lb range.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I took the striker block out yesterday and polished it with a handheld bit of Never-Dull. It didn’t change anything. I hit the trigger arm (where it contacts the striker block) with a felt dremel head and some toothpaste and it made a tiny bit of difference. All I did was polish it a wee bit.

The good news is, once you’re through the gritty take up, the break is pretty crisp and probably in the 4-5 lb range.
View Quote

I deburr with a piece of wet/dry or emery cloth rolled around a small punch. I polish the striker block plunger by carefully chucking it into a drill and polishing it with fine wet/dry and then metal polish compound on a rag.
Trigger is as good as any striker pistol I own.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I deburr with a piece of wet/dry or emery cloth rolled around a small punch. I polish the striker block plunger by carefully chucking it into a drill and polishing it with fine wet/dry and then metal polish compound on a rag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I like the idea of chucking into a drill. I’ll do that this week.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe I’m way off, but I’d think plastic would have a vastly different moment of inertia than the slide.

ETA: CHPWS also has their own brand/make of screws they use. At this point, I’d be trying different things to fix it. I’ll be picking up my SW 10mm tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ripcurlksm

Just found this today.

You aren’t the only one!
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's how I've done my previous M&Ps, in a desktop lathe though.
I really wish S&W would take that one extra step, they've had plenty of time to make it happen...
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's easy to do a nice trigger job on an M&P.

this is from the old series 1.0, but it's mostly the same...

http://www.burwellguns.com/misc/M&Ptriggerjob.pdf

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Update:

Just got my slide back from gunsmith, its now tapped for more robust #8 40tpi screws. The Holosun holes had to be slightly enlarged to accept the larger screws, he said that area is a solid block of aluminum and no risk to moisture entering the optic.

The optic is currently installed using the S&W plastic plate. I have a CHPWS plate arriving today and will swap it out. My thought here is while the bigger screws should do the job alone, the CHPWS optic plate should hopefully do a better job (1) locking into the recoil lugs and (2) offer a more precise fit between the slide cutout/optic plate/optic leaving no wiggle room -- all in turn putting less stress on the screws. Something that the plastic plate was clearly not doing. Gunsmith said the new screws can be torqued to 25 in/lb, but said 20 in/lb would be fine. I'll be sure to index them this time @AeroEngineer

After two falls onto concrete, the holosun is functioning and looking great. The first drop the dot moved far left. The second drop the dot moved about half way right. There was plenty of windage to move it back to center.

I'll report back after the range this week, I'll be shooting a box and a half of 220gr Underwood +P to make sure it holds up for woods carry, then will hopefully never have to deal with sheared screws again as ill be using 180 ball at the range.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Update:

Just got my slide back from gunsmith, its now tapped for more robust #8 40tpi screws. The Holosun holes had to be slightly enlarged to accept the larger screws, he said that area is a solid block of aluminum and no risk to moisture entering the optic.

The optic is currently installed using the S&W plastic plate. I have a CHPWS plate arriving today and will swap it out. My thought here is while the bigger screws should do the job alone, the CHPWS optic plate should hopefully do a better job (1) locking into the recoil lugs and (2) offer a more precise fit between the slide cutout/optic plate/optic leaving no wiggle room -- all in turn putting less stress on the screws. Something that the plastic plate was clearly not doing. Gunsmith said the new screws can be torqued to 25 in/lb, but said 20 in/lb would be fine. I'll be sure to index them this time @AeroEngineer

After two falls onto concrete, the holosun is functioning and looking great. The first drop the dot moved far left. The second drop the dot moved about half way right. There was plenty of windage to move it back tocenter.

I'll report back after the range this week, I'll be shooting a box and a half of 220gr Underwood +P to make sure it holds up for woods carry, then will hopefully never have to deal with sheared screws again as ill be using 180 ball at the range.
View Quote

I went ahead and ordered the CHPW plate, and I’m glad I did. S&W didn’t send a Type1 (RMR) plate with my firearm.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chucked up the striker block into a drill, took a felt wheel dremel attachment and put some green polishing compound on it, and polished it up by having them run at the same time. It is much better, but still has a bit of a staple gun feeling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Update:

After two falls onto concrete, the holosun is functioning and looking great. The first drop the dot moved far left. The second drop the dot moved about half way right. There was plenty of windage to move it back to center.

View Quote

Update 2, installed CHPWS plate

Discovered the old plastic S&W optic plate had the lugs sheared off which means the only thing holding the sight in place during recoil was the stock #6 screws
Attachment Attached File

Here is the slide rethreaded for #8 40tpi
Attachment Attached File

Holosun had screwholes enlarged for the #8 screw, solid aluminum
Attachment Attached File

Here is the CHPWS plate installed, I think there are three good reasons for everyone to switch to a metal optic plate from the S&W plastic regardless of how hot you shoot:
1) metal to metal fitment via the recoil lugs between optic plate and slide
2) metal to metal fitment via the recoil lugs between the optic plate and optic (plastic sheared above)
3) metal optic plate has a bumper in the front which butts up perfectly to support the front of the optic (below) when the shot is fired. the stock S&W plate has no forward support

Attachment Attached File

Also ensure this pin is tapped in and flush, mine walked up and was preventing the optic plate from sitting flush
Attachment Attached File

Hope this info helps someone in the future. The S&W plastic optic plate design is terribly flawed. Off to the range this week, I think I have this problem fixed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

4.6” 10mm S&W M&P2.0 with Holosun 509T on a CHPWS.com plate. I’ll shoot it this weekend and try it out with the dot. I honestly would have preferred a lower riding dot system, but I’m not going to spend the $$ to get the slide cut.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top