BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unboxing CORE 2.0

Video unboxing if anyone is curious, had a crappy camera. Sorry about the quality
View Quote
Awesome thanks! Hopefully they get a full release soon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Unboxing CORE 2.0

Video unboxing if anyone is curious, had a crappy camera. Sorry about the quality
View Quote
First appreciate evidence it is on the way

If you find out the answer to any of this i would greatly appreciate it........I just want to be ready when these hit the market.

I plan on putting a RMR 06 on it. Special screws , Water proof kit i need??

Straight drop holster that should work for IDPA with the rmr on it?

OP hope it's cool to ask this........
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

First appreciate evidence it is on the way

If you find out the answer to any of this i would greatly appreciate it........I just want to be ready when these hit the market.

I plan on putting a RMR 06 on it. Special screws , Water proof kit i need??

Straight drop holster that should work for IDPA with the rmr on it?

OP hope it's cool to ask this........
View Quote
I was also planning on going with an RMR but I will have to wait for S&W to send me the correct plate. Just went through my plates to add on my RMR and noticed they gave two of the same and not what I need. Talk about a tease I’ll let you know more when I can mount it
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Remaining *hopeful* that any folks here seeing dealers w/ actual 2.0 guns in stock will advise us.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remaining *hopeful* that any folks here seeing dealers w/ actual 2.0 guns in stock will advise us.
View Quote
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS861US861&ei=AsJMXfnXHM2UsgWn6ImgDg&q=12423+smith+and+wesson+optic&oq=12423+smith+and+wesson+optic&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160l2.5280.6032..6096...0.0..0.112.423.5j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i22i30j33i299.JSLzlQSgydk&ved=&uact=5

It's gotta be any day now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Shipping took a couple of weeks once it was in stock but finally got it. Attachment Attached File

Luckily mine came with the correct plates. Though it only included the standard 2.0 manual. There is nothing added to it about removing the cover and installing the plates.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shipping took a couple of weeks once it was in stock but finally got it. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/112226/2_0_CORE_jpg-1053804.JPG

Luckily mine came with the correct plates. Though it only included the standard 2.0 manual. There is nothing added to it about removing the cover and installing the plates.
View Quote
Where did you buy from? I NEED this to be finally released for purchase in Texas already!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]
ProForce, they are a law enforcement distributor.

From what I was told, I believe as soon as the .gov agency back orders are taken care of, they should quickly appear everywhere else.

I was able to put my first rounds through it today. Under less than ideal conditions and without touching the RMR adjustment I kept 50 rounds within the 4 inch circles I was using for aiming points at 25 yards while standing. I'm going to have to bench rest it to see if I even need to adjust the zero
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where did you buy from? I NEED this to be finally released for purchase in Texas already!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
Yep. Still waiting too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ProForce, they are a law enforcement distributor.

From what I was told, I believe as soon as the .gov agency back orders are taken care of, they should quickly appear everywhere else.

I was able to put my first rounds through it today. Under less than ideal conditions and without touching the RMR adjustment I kept 50 rounds within the 4 inch circles I was using for aiming points at 25 yards while standing. I'm going to have to bench rest it to see if I even need to adjust the zero
View Quote
Nice!!! It’s a little frustrating that LEO outlets in Texas don’t have them yet... but they do in CA. Seems backwards lol.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
So a week later & still no Tx sightings. Any other GS's have these possibly?

ETA - now two weeks later & crickets, guess the 1st gen. is/was still in mucho abundance in many GS's inventory.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Any updates? Been a couple more weeks now.  Have yet to see any in stock. One distributor says they discontinued the product number for some reason?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any updates? Been a couple more weeks now.  Have yet to see any in stock. One distributor says they discontinued the product number for some reason?
View Quote
I wish there was one. I’m trying real hard to be patient, but it’s getting difficult. Haha.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally had the chance to do some precision work with the 2.0 Core / RMR combo and was getting super frustrated because I could just not get it dialed in or even group all that well. Finally it took my buddy to notice that the screws had backed out almost completely and the RMR was rattling around on top of the slide. I will definitely be paying attention to the tightness now and may have to add something to the yellow thread-locker that came on the screws.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I finally had the chance to do some precision work with the 2.0 Core / RMR combo and was getting super frustrated because I could just not get it dialed in or even group all that well. Finally it took my buddy to notice that the screws had backed out almost completely and the RMR was rattling around on top of the slide. I will definitely be paying attention to the tightness now and may have to add something to the yellow thread-locker that came on the screws.
View Quote
I've had 3 RMR's since 2013, most recently a Vortex Venom & now a Trij. SRO on my game gen 1 CORE & was stunned in my 2nd Jedlinski class to find the SRO was loose.

A well vetted LE bud (NickDrak) turned me on to VibraTite VC-3 recently, it's now in use & will be *IF* the 2nd gen CORE's ever get released to us here in Tx., c'mon Smith!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've had 3 RMR's since 2013, most recently a Vortex Venom & now a Trij. SRO on my game gen 1 CORE & was stunned in my 2nd Jedlinski class to find the SRO was loose.

A well vetted LE bud (NickDrak) turned me on to VibraTite VC-3 recently, it's now in use & will be *IF* the 2nd gen CORE's ever get's released to us here in Tx., c'mon Smith.
View Quote
Yeah this is getting pretty wild.

Honestly, if i wasn't so invested in the platform and my agency allowed - i'd probably go p10C OR
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
After my Sun. match, S&W's slow roll out w/ this may have been a blessing in disguise.

A tact. bud recently bought his Sig. X5 Legion after a recent PMO's class @ Sig. & another bud just got his optic mounted on a newly bought X5.

I'm working the Houston show this wknd. w/ an FFL amigo & may be returning w/ an X5 or perhaps a CZ P10 OR, who knew.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang, couple months too late. I had to make my own.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
What the heck S&W? We're waiting......
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What the heck S&W? We're waiting......
View Quote
Yeah I can't believe it is taking this long...
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Saw this posted 17 Sept. @ 1424 on Pistol Forum > "I just called S&W and was told it is an archived SKU and no longer in production. CS would provide no more information if it was going to be produced again. "

This posted yesterday after the above quote by a trusted bud who earlier posted pics. of his 2nd gen. there " Yeah, not sure what’s going on with S&W currently. Mine was manufactured on 05/29/2019. "

After coon fingering both Sig X5 Legions & CZ P10F OR's last Sat., I've quit waiting on S&W and going w/ the CZ, already have an SRO plate inbound for it & the pistol should be also before the end of the week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I just want a mos version with a threaded barrel....
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saw this posted 17 Sept. @ 1424 on Pistol Forum > "I just called S&W and was told it is an archived SKU and no longer in production. CS would provide no more information if it was going to be produced again. "

This posted yesterday after the above quote by a trusted bud who earlier posted pics. of his 2nd gen. there " Yeah, not sure what’s going on with S&W currently. Mine was manufactured on 05/29/2019. "

After coon fingering both Sig X5 Legions & CZ P10F OR's last Sat., I've quit waiting on S&W and going w/ the CZ, already have an SRO plate inbound for it & the pistol should be also before the end of the week.

I read that too. I have decided to just go back to Glock. Ordering a Gen 5 19 MOS in the next couple of weeks
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Can anyone tell me if the rear sight on the core is a glock rear sight cut or a different S&W cut?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump!
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bump!
View Quote
This isn't going to happen anytime soon I don't think.

If they discontinued the SKU - that means one of two things:

1) It was for contract/request only where the batch was going to be so large it was worth it. Possibly an incentive program for LE agencies who already have gen 1's that wanted to upgrade to gen 2's with dots. S&W probably sweetened the deal.

2) There were reports of something being wrong and they're back to the drawing board before a mass launch.

CZ didn't do the OR line until after a lot of wrinkles were ironed out, but CZ also doesn't mind doing rolling changes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to call S&W this week, my RMR is still coming loose even with threadlocker. It seems to take a single range day of about 300 rounds before the screws loosen enough for the RMR to start to move. Round count has been pretty low because I did not have a holster for it until this week, probably about 1,000 rounds so far.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]
For some reason my last reply did not come through.  I tried calling S&W a while back and was not able to get an answer about these.  With such a delay I've ditched the idea of getting the 2.0 and am just going to go back to Glock for work.

Its too bad that S&W is shitting the bed like this.  No reason not to have these out already.  They are definitely behind the curve
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For some reason my last reply did not come through.  I tried calling S&W a while back and was not able to get an answer about these.  With such a delay I've ditched the idea of getting the 2.0 and am just going to go back to Glock for work.

Its too bad that S&W is shitting the bed like this.  No reason not to have these out already.  They are definitely behind the curve
View Quote
I don't blame you.

Right now I still have my VP9 as my work gun, but obviously if you don't use a glock - you're a weirdo according to everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't blame you.

Right now I still have my VP9 as my work gun, but obviously if you don't use a glock - you're a weirdo according to everyone else.
View Quote
Yeah I know a lot of guys like that.  I’ve worked a few different guns in my career. Still miss my 1911
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Turns out it would have been helpful for S&W to include a manual with the gun that covers the optics mounting. I heard back about my issue with the Trijicon RMR coming loose. The 2.0 Core came with a bunch screws and several mounting plates which are not actually supposed to be used for the RMR. S&W said that I'm supposed to use the screws that came with the RMR, hopefully I will not have to worry about it anymore.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Turns out it would have been helpful for S&W to include a manual with the gun that covers the optics mounting. I heard back about my issue with the Trijicon RMR coming loose. The 2.0 Core came with a bunch screws and several mounting plates which are not actually supposed to be used for the RMR. S&W said that I'm supposed to use the screws that came with the RMR, hopefully I will not have to worry about it anymore.
View Quote
Should have asked them to release the gun to the rest of us while you were at it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#33]
They do exist....
Attachment Attached File

Full disclosure, this is a dept gun. We got a rather large batch of them in last week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This isn't going to happen anytime soon I don't think.

If they discontinued the SKU - that means one of two things:

1) It was for contract/request only where the batch was going to be so large it was worth it. Possibly an incentive program for LE agencies who already have gen 1's that wanted to upgrade to gen 2's with dots. S&W probably sweetened the deal.

2) There were reports of something being wrong and they're back to the drawing board before a mass launch.

CZ didn't do the OR line until after a lot of wrinkles were ironed out, but CZ also doesn't mind doing rolling changes.
View Quote
Quoted:
They do exist....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207473/3A8AE43E-A476-4A07-9956-6C9072B97F23_jpeg-1128028.JPG

Full disclosure, this is a dept gun. We got a rather large batch of them in last week.
View Quote
So it does seem like the first line is the right one. Damn
Was really hoping to get my hands on one. Preferably with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Can we make one by mating the slide of an M&P 1.0 9mm core with the frame of a M&P 2.0 9mm non core ?  Or is there more to it than that ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can we make one by mating the slide of an M&P 1.0 9mm core with the frame of a M&P 2.0 9mm non core ?  Or is there more to it than that ?
View Quote
I’ve been curious of that as well. I have a 1.0 core in 40 and a 2.0 in 9mm.

It fits fine but I have not tried shooting it yet
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I’ve been curious of that as well. I have a 1.0 core in 40 and a 2.0 in 9mm.

It fits fine but I have not tried shooting it yet
View Quote
The slide stops have to be swapped out, different cutouts on the gen 1 and 2 slides.

I’ve heard of people removing the gen 2 slide stop detent. Making it easier to drop the slide.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone heard anymore about this? About to just have another gun milled because I'm tired of waiting on Smith.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I spoke with a S&W rep over the weekend. According to him the gun is in production and is being shipped out to vendors currently.

I told him how their CS people on the phone were telling people the model number was archived and not in production. He was not to happy but said the gun is being made.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I spoke with a S&W rep over the weekend. According to him the gun is in production and is being shipped out to vendors currently.

I told him how their CS people on the phone were telling people the model number was archived and not in production. He was not to happy but said the gun is being made.
View Quote
Thank for the update @Goback I am glad I asked. Hopefully they start showing up soon then.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Interested...tagging for updates.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
At this point...I'd almost believe it when I see it. They'll be nearly last to market with an OR version.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

At this point...I'd almost believe it when I see it. They'll be nearly last to market with an OR version.
View Quote
Yeah it is very disappointing of them on something so simple.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I have to think it's because they wanted to clear out stocks of the Gen 1. Why else would they come out with a OR shield 2.0 first.

Didn't the 1.0 core have an upgraded trigger? If so really the only difference is the rough texture frame.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have to think it's because they wanted to clear out stocks of the Gen 1. Why else would they come out with a OR shield 2.0 first.

Didn't the 1.0 core have an upgraded trigger? If so really the only difference is the rough texture frame.
View Quote
The 1.0 Performance Center CORE has an upgraded trigger. it also has the 2.0 grip modules. I like mine.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The 1.0 Performance Center CORE has an upgraded trigger. it also has the 2.0 grip modules. I like mine.
View Quote
Well that makes them more of a deal then - if they already have most of the 2.0 features.  Some grip tape and done!
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well that makes them more of a deal then - if they already have most of the 2.0 features.  Some grip tape and done!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of my 1.0 pro's have been equal to the 1 2.0 I owned or slightly better. My 2.0 was gritty as hell. Trigger wise.
All of my 1.0 pro's have had the H trigger bar but not the gen 3 slide stop, add that and the reset is very nice. All the 1.0 pro's really needed was the AEK polymer trigger and they were gtg as the hinged trigger sucks.

Some 1.0's did suffer from terrible accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I built my own for a duty gun about 18 months ago. Had WAR rework the slide and Fire for Effect out of El Paso did the optic cut. When the photo was taken, I was waiting for the Dawson custom front sight to come in. It now wears a tritium FS that is the correct weight for co-witness. Shoots really well as you can see and the DPP is holding up great.

Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I built my own for a duty gun about 18 months ago. Had WAR rework the slide and Fire for Effect out of El Paso did the optic cut. When the photo was taken, I was waiting for the Dawson custom front sight to come in. It now wears a tritium FS that is the correct weight for co-witness. Shoots really well as you can see and the DPP is holding up great.

https://i.imgur.com/7jvdKm8.jpg?1
View Quote
Excellent
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#50]
It's been almost a whole year since I started this thread
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top