Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 2:25:48 PM EDT
What would you choose to carry? I’ve had a performance center shield in 9mm in the past and thinking of getting another one but the m&p 2.0 compact has sparked my interest. I have normal size hands and I always dress causal when it comes to carrying. Which would you personally choose and why?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a Shield and just got a 2.0C a couple days ago, won't get to shoot it until this weekend but it appears to be a viable competitor.  It feels a decent amount heavier than my G19 though, the slide feels bulkier.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Glock 19 and Shield 9.

I can carry the Shield effortlessly, and much better concealed (required for work) so I wear it often.

The Glock 19 is a good gun, (about same size a M&P 2.0 Compact) but thicker and longer so not as easy to hide.

I have three of the M&P 9mm so I hope the 2.0 compact will be a hit...  (it would be nice to retire / resell the Glock)...  

S&W just points and fits SO much better for me than any of the Glocks with the extreme wrist rake...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If you only dress casual then get the 2.0 compact for sure. Only reason for compromising with a smaller handgun is for dress/concealability and if those are not concerns for you then go for the compact.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
For my frame and hand size, I think the OG 9c is a good compromise.  Maybe for you too?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly if you're only going to use the 15 round mags the 2.0 Compact. If you think you'll use the spacers for the 17 round mags then I'd just get a full size.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
they fill different roles, shield is more deep concealment than the new compact. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for th replies fellas. Yea I mean I loved my shield when I had it so I guess it’s hard to beat something that’s been proven to be good to me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly if you're only going to use the 15 round mags the 2.0 Compact. If you think you'll use the spacers for the 17 round mags then I'd just get a full size.
View Quote
Why wouldn’t you carry with the 15 round mag in the gun and use the 17 round mag, with the spacer, as your back up?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I would advise skipping those spacers for carry. They look nice and feel good but they just sort of loosely slide on the mag and shift up and down, they don't lock on. They are fine for the range but for carry I would just carry a 17 round as a backup without the spacer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't have a shield or the compact yet. I carry a G19 and I am working on getting a M&P 9mm compact. When I do the G19 will be sold or put away or parted out. I like having more rounds. If I had to go to a shield I would. I wouldn't want to. I would rather have more rounds. Two different needs too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top