Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2017 4:26:53 PM EDT
I've been looking for a J-Frame for a little while, and have found a 360J. The seller is asking $450, and I think he would accept an offer for $400.

What is the general consensus on these? Any known issues with them or the scandium frames in general? Is $400 a decent deal for one of these that has been carried but shows little wear?

Thanks guys, this pic is the one I'm looking at
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Too high, more like $300-$350
Batch made for overseas police I  read. I have one, I like it. Snappy with +p, comparable to 442 and 642

Eta, mine has a bobbed hammer, and lock. Correct as per s&w, had to send in due to binding and burrs on crane hinge. They replaced everything except barrel liner and cylinder. Make sure that one hasn't been fucked with
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, nice gun.  I carry it in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
All the ones around me run in the 400-450 range. I wouldn't go much past 350 for one. But it depends on what you're looking for. I'm strictly hammerless and no lock on the J's. I'd spend that $400 on a 642 or 442 but that said the HUGE advantage of the 360J is a pinned front sight that you can change easily.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I like mine, bought it earlier this year $300 ANIB, one round fired through it. A friend bought it for his wife to carry, she fired it once put it back in box. He never fired it. It came with 5 snap caps that she used to practice dry firing it before her one and only range session with it.

It is definitely a handful shooting 125 +P but with 148 WC it is fun to shoot and quite accurate.  I did replace the original grips with these Hogue G10 Bantams.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
While I do not own that particular model I do own a 342Ti and an M&P 340 which the 360J is based on. They are good little wheel guns. They are made to be carried more than shot, not because of durability but because they punish your hand when you shoot them. I think the most I ever shot one in a range session was 100rnds and that was with gloves on. My hand was sore for a few days after that one. The 342Ti is basically an even lighter, harder to find and more exspensive version of what you are looking at.

Personally I wish S&W made all of their J frames with pinned front sights, I prefer the standard sized XS night sight front sight on my J frames. I would recommend installing an Apex duty/carry kit, XS front sight and a set of 405 CT laser grips. That is the standard set up I have on both mine and they make the gun perfect IMO. In the summer I drop it in my pocket in an Aholster kydex pocket holster and I am comfortable all day. In the winter months I carry my M&P 340 on my ankle in a Galco Ankle glove as a back up to my primary. Everyone should own a J frame. They are light weight and a versatile carry option.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top