Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 3:36:39 PM EDT
I found a S&W M&P-357 at a LGS this morning.  I was not aware S&W made the M&P in .357sig and can find little info about it.  Anyone have experience with this setup?  Seems like a good combination of gun size vs. round velocity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe S&W discontinued it around 5 years ago, .357sig is a dying round, wild cat round at best and definitely a solution in search of a problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both a full size M&P357 and a Compact M&P357c. They are both awesome straight shooters and the compact is still 'enough gun' to handle the snappy 357 Sig round. I had a Glock 33 that was not 'enough gun' to handle that round so I sold it. I would buy more if S&W still made these.

The ammunition is a little pricey, but when every other Caliber is running thin there is always some 357Sig laying around. YOu can find good prices online, but expect to get raped at some LGS.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of those, if only because it was marked down at a local store.  Ended up buying a .40 barrel for it could shoot both with a simple swap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe S&W discontinued it around 5 years ago, .357sig is a dying round, wild cat round at best and definitely a solution in search of a problem.
View Quote
It's not even close to dying or even being a wildcat round.  Lots and lots of agencies use the round, yes not as many as 9 or 40 I'm aware.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine from Aim's Surplus last year.  I paid $279 plus tax and transfer.  I know the Virginia State Police issued these for a little while.  I'm guessing S&W made a run of 357 M&Ps for police and discontinued them after sales fell off.  I live mine. I really like the round. I did buy a 40 barrel just for availability of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one in 2007. Still have it. Great pistol. Price and availability of ammo are the only downsides.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#7]
NCHP switched to the M&P .357Sig and quick changed in under 2 years to the P226 due to excessive parts breakage.... right about the time S&W discontinued it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top