Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 1:23:01 PM EDT
I was originally planning on purchasing a Ruger GP100 Match Champion revolver. Then my local GS had this amazing sale I found out about. Stopped in and handled the 686 Plus, 586 and M66 Combat Magnum. All were $679.99ea. Each model had there plus & minus's, but the 686 had this amazing trigger compared to the other two I went with it. Stainless Steel, 7 shot, DA/SA, 4.125" barrel, and a S&W rubber Hogue style grip. The 686 fell in between the 586 and M66 Combat Magnum @ 38oz.. And the cylinder diameter wasn't really a game breaker since I was thinking it was going to be HUGE which it was not.

Made it to the range today with an assortment of 357 magnum and 38spl loads. I like how the extra weight tames the full house magnum loads. I was only shooting at 10yds off hand but keeping the rounds in the X ring and 10 ring with no problems. My only gripe (minor) is the grips are to small for my large hands. I need something just a little larger. But overall very pleased with this purchase. PLUS it came with a S&W Rang Bag and a portable locking steel safe. I did well I believe.

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The 686 guns are no joke. I have the plus model in 6 inch and it is a f'n tack driver. I loved it so much I ended up picking up a 4 inch SSR(6 shot) a year or so ago.

Enjoy the gun OP, they are really nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top