Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 10:54:11 PM EDT
Ok I think I have it narrowed down to getting a m&p 22 compact. I love my Shields.  It is said to be as reliable as a 22lr gets very accurate and made very well right here in the USA. I will use as a suppressor host from time to time.

Any reason not to get one? How do you like yours?

Also where is the best place to get one?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. I used mine to dispatch a mole just the other day. I bought it from Centerfire Systems for $249.99 shipped in December 2015.

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The trigger is long and it is not as accurate as a buckmark or a ruger. It is the most reliable .22 autoloader I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the familiarity it has with other M&Ps. Only thing I dislike is the barrel for suppressor use. Instead of a single piece barrel, it's the standard barrel plus adapter. You have to wrench off the adapter every time you want to take slide off for cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Well okay I just ordered one from Brownells Wednesday morning and I am waiting for shipping information. I also ordered a ewk threaded barrel adapter.

I have a few questions what kind of accuracy are you guys getting out of these and how good are the sights? Are they plastic or Steel? And basically any other questions you think I should have asked before ordering this thing
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't expect great accuracy. And inspect the barrel. They are nor tortious for having terrible machine marks and scars which leads to leading.

M&P22c chrono data

M&P22c barrel leading issue.

I like mine. It's taken me awhile to figure out the quirks of it. Its incredibly reliable. Many thousands of rounds without issue. (Beside accuracy).  The grip too me is not great but a very shootable little gun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has been ran suppressed 99% of the time and has to have over 5k through it at this point and it's been incredibly reliable. Much more reliable than my old 22/45 lite and just as accurate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine has a pretty significant POI shift with and without the suppressor. I mostly shoot it suppressed and it has adjustable sights, so it isn't the end of the world. Even so, it is annoying and not an issue at all with the 22/45.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I got it today. S&W didn't include the wrench to remove the thread protector. It is not the same size as the P22 wrench.  So I couldn't put the EWK adapter on. Thanks S&W.

All in all it looks good. After running a patch through the bore I ran 10 rounds of Remington sub sonic through it off the back porch without a glitch. Will check it for accuracy when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That's probably not relevant for a tech forum - sju
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]

I love mine. Get it, you won't regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top