Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2017 4:22:42 AM EDT
ETA: Thanks for the replies everyone, you've been quite helpful! I've decided on the 9" 37mm launcher and since they're in stock on the manufacturer's website I'll order it directly from them to pick up at a store nearby. Should be a great birthday!

Hey y'all, I'm getting my husband an M&P 2.0 in FDE for his birthday this year. Or a 37mm launcher.
Question 1
Is deguns.net a reputable site? Or gunbuyer.com? The next one on the list is sportsmans superstore, which sounds fine to me. Or should I just stick to something I know is legit like Rainier Arms?
Question 2
Is there an advantage to a 9" launcher over a 12" launcher besides that shorter looks cooler? I feel like 12" would be more accurate (I could be wrong) yet the 9" is more expensive.

Any help/advice would be great, I usually rely on him to advise me about stuff like this but we're so close to the birthday now I feel like it would really give it away if I just asked him. 30 was good but I really want to blow him away for his 31st. No pun intended. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Guns are very personal. Has he hinted or talked more about one or the other?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
There would be no accuracy difference between them. If he has a carbine rifle meaning with a 16" or less barrel the shorter might be the better choice if he has a rifle 20" barrel or longer the longer one would look more proportionate. Imo with the 16 you could go either way and it would look cool. with a 20" barrel the short one would look odd on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Good on ya.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guns are very personal. Has he hinted or talked more about one or the other?
View Quote
He had me write down the launcher a few months back. When the new M&P came out he got really stoked and thought about getting it right away, but hasn't yet. If I get him a new M&P though, I'll get the old one to start customizing as I like. Any idea if either of those websites are safe to use? I'd hate to pay and never receive or get my card numbers stolen or something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There would be no accuracy difference between them. If he has a carbine rifle meaning with a 16" or less barrel the shorter might be the better choice if he has a rifle 20" barrel or longer the longer one would look more proportionate. Imo with the 16 you could go either way and it would look cool. with a 20" barrel the short one would look odd on it.
View Quote
Thanks for replying, and the knowledge! He has a carbine so if there's no accuracy difference I'll probably go with the shorter one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good on ya.
View Quote
Thanks! He's a great husband, he deserves a gift he will enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any experience with those sites but I've used Gunbroker.com several times and have never had a problem. Just be sure that you have a dealer near you on their list for them to ship it to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I would point you toward the launcher.

Putting myself in his spot - I might buy myself a new handgun.  I can sort of rationalize why it's a responsible purchase, how often I would use it, good for protecting my family, etc.  I would probably NEVER buy myself a 37mm launcher, so the only way I would ever have one, is if I received it as a gift.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have any experience with those sites but I've used Gunbroker.com several times and have never had a problem. Just be sure that you have a dealer near you on their list for them to ship it to.
View Quote
Awesome thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think I would point you toward the launcher.

Putting myself in his spot - I might buy myself a new handgun.  I can sort of rationalize why it's a responsible purchase, how often I would use it, good for protecting my family, etc.  I would probably NEVER buy myself a 37mm launcher, so the only way I would ever have one, is if I received it as a gift.
View Quote
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of it like that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
GunBroker is fine but check the feedback and have communication with the seller to get a feel for them
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Get him the launcher and in a card write that it's OK to get the M&m 2.0 anytime he feels like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top