Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2017 11:18:56 AM EDT
Got an Apex kit for my M&P 45 and realized it's too old- it has the 1/16 sear spring and I need the 1/8 spring for the Apex kit to work correctly.
Well damn.
It sounds like Smith is very stingy about releasing new sear housing blocks, with very few trickling out.

I wonder if I send them my pistol, will they retrofit the newer SHB?

(Yes, I know Brownells and Midway sometimes have ones for the 9/40 guns. Mines a 45, manual safety lever, no mag safety)
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Call S&W, be polite, and ask if you can buy one to retrofit.  

Their CS folks are really good, and they may just send you one for free (don't be pissed if you have to pay... that is fair....)

Good luck.   
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you expecting S&W to sell you a product?  Then, maybe they will.

Are you expecting S&W to replace/upgrade something that's working fine and isn't subject to a recall notice for free?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I never said or implied it should be free.
Can't call them today, it's Labor Day.

That's why I figured I'd post a question and see if anyone else has had it done.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one from speed shooter specialties but they are out of stock right now. If S&W won't supply one you can try the notify me at SSS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Midway
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midway
View Quote
Sweet! I totally didn't acknowledge that they occasionally sell 9/40 blocks in my first post!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought one from speed shooter specialties but they are out of stock right now. If S&W won't supply one you can try the notify me at SSS.
View Quote
This is where I got mine from.  S&W wouldn't sell me one, liability, blah blah blah, only to gunsmiths junk....   SSS hooked me up!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sweet! I totally didn't acknowledge that they occasionally sell 9/40 blocks in my first post!
View Quote
Oops
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, that came across way more snide then intended. I do appreciate the tip.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry, that came across way more snide then intended. I do appreciate the tip.
View Quote
No worries.
As mentioned, Smith or Speed Shooters will probably be your best bet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like Speed Shooter Specialties got a new shipment in M&P 45 sear block
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#12]

My man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top