Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 1:32:19 PM EDT
Dang Armslist is trying to get me in trouble. Was browsing through and just seeing if any new revolvers had been listed. A few in my area I wouldn't mind adding to the collection, but owners want more cash than I have available or they want something in trade I don't have.

Noticed a gentleman who had listed a prelock S&W 686 4" barrel. He only had it listed for sale but I sent him a message just to ask if he was wanting anything in trade.

Hopefully, if all goes good with the meet tomorrow I'll be able to add this to my collection. This will be by 5th revolver in less than 3 months if everything goes good. All started with a S&W 586 4" prelock, then a S&W 64-6, then a S&W 442-1, and finally a Colt Cobra.

The trade ended up happening today & everything went smoothly.

Originally when I first saw the gentleman's ad, he had listed it only for sale. After sending him and email and looking at his other listing I realized he was looking for AR parts. I offered him an 300AAC Blackout rifle I had built using an Anderson Manufacturing lower & upper, PSA 16" barrel, 12" Midwest Industries rail, BCM Mod) 300 FH, and Nikon scope. I was also able to unload a bunch of extra AR parts I had just laying around taking up space in exchange for brand new 38 Special & 357 Magnum ammunition. All told, I walked away from the deal with around 400 rounds of assorted 38 & 357, $200 cash, and a S&W 686-4. Not a bad deal in my book

It is all original, has very nice feel in my hand. Does have some wear spots here and there, but nothing a good thorough cleaning won't take care of. And of course, here are some obligatory pictures of it alongside my 586. Now to find x2 6" barrel versions....

This will be my fifth revolver in less than 2-3 months. I've never been happier with trading for classic S&W revolvers lately. Plus, everything I've traded for them is easily replaceable (ie Glock 43, built AR's).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
abc
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
abc
View Quote
What does that mean?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  Saw some nice S&W revolvers at the gun show yesterday all around a grand for model 19/66's.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!  Saw some nice S&W revolvers at the gun show yesterday all around a grand for model 19/66's.
View Quote
I've seen the same prices at my last gun show, but I've had better luck off Armslist then anything lately. Helps I live near my state capital, some of the people I've dealt with are northern transplants who want a high capacity gun since they weren't allowed to own one in their home state. I'm only happy to oblige them and take that sweet S&W gold off their hands
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top