User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never seen a CO highway patrol gun.

I bet these are the same CA Highway Patrol guns.

Easy to claim CHP is for either CA or CO.

Get the reading on the serial, willing to bet they fall under CA HP guns.

just a theory.
View Quote
Colorado doesn't have a Highway Patrol. They have a State Patrol. It is the Colorado State Patrol.

They marked their guns with their agency seals. 

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll see what it actually is when it comes in, but either way, the price was right. Ive seen some of the Cali TSW guns for almost $500 on some listings.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up my CHP 4006. Mine is in about 90-95% condition. Looks barely shot! The agency serial number on the frame, slide and barrel is E9969. One of the mags had "Geller #11118" on a sticker fixed to the floor plate. Must be the officers name and badge number. Trigger is heavier than my 4026 though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just picked up my CHP 4006. Mine is in about 90-95% condition. Looks barely shot! The agency serial number on the frame, slide and barrel is E9969. One of the mags had "Geller #11118" on a sticker fixed to the floor plate. Must be the officers name and badge number. Trigger is heavier than my 4026 though.
View Quote
A quick internet search brings up the officer.  ;)
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll see if I can find a replacement floor plate and see if I can get his contact info and send it to him his old floor plate. But knowing California I'd get in trouble for sending illegal magazine parts into the state
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll see if I can find a replacement floor plate and see if I can get his contact info and send it to him his old floor plate. But knowing California I'd get in trouble for sending illegal magazine parts into the state
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my order in to Summit, said he just got a new batch in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got my order in to Summit, said he just got a new batch in.
View Quote
 Thats good to know, I really want to order another one , I'm really impressed with the one I just got. My 4026 really likes the Monarch brand ammunition from Academy Sports. And just so happens a new Academy opens Monday morning 50 yards from my work . My new 4006 is gonna get a work out this week.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Kinda off topic, but, I have a 4003TSW and was wondering if anyone has a line on holsters for it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kinda off topic, but, I have a 4003TSW and was wondering if anyone has a line on holsters for it?
View Quote
Most leather holsters for a P226R/P229R should fit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most leather holsters for a P226R/P229R should fit.
View Quote
Good to know
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I broke down and ordered one last Thursday night.  I had been lusting after one of these since they were adopted.  When I found out Summit (I check there every few weeks) had them I jumped.  Well, ok, I waited a few days then took the plunge.  I have been slowly getting rid of my 40's but this is worth it.  And it will go great with the only 40 I planned on keeping anyway, my 4006 Colorado State Patrol in Melonite      It's the best 40 I have ever shot so I'm sure it's CHP brother will be just as good.  I'm glad I stocked up on mags a few years ago for them!

ETA:  Here are a few more pics of the CSP 4006 (just taken).  It is decock only, has night sights (that glow BARELY in a pitch dark room lol), and it does have the magazine disconnect.  Bought it in Dec. 2008 from Bud's for $359.

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Just picked up one from local gun store. They had 4 for sale. Friend from work picked up one of the other ones. Both are in 95% or better. No dings or holster rub!
My second 40 (first SIG 226) and first S&W auto pistol! Took it to the range yesterday and no malfunctions of any kind. Think I'm a new fan of the S&W 3td generation stainless steel pistols. Now I "need" a 4506!
Chris
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Shot mine in between rain showers today. It's my new favorite. I gotta order another one! I did have a accident with it. My fault not the guns. Some how a 9mm round got in my range bag. And Of course I loaded it in a mag full of fortys. It actually chambered and shot. Pulled the empty case out and inspected the barrel and all good. Went back to shooting like it was nothing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just picked up one from local gun store. They had 4 for sale. Friend from work picked up one of the other ones. Both are in 95% or better. No dings or holster rub!
My second 40 (first SIG 226) and first S&W auto pistol! Took it to the range yesterday and no malfunctions of any kind. Think I'm a new fan of the S&W 3td generation stainless steel pistols. Now I "need" a 4506!
Chris
View Quote

Love my 4566TSW
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wf1WyeQ.jpg

Love my 4566TSW
View Quote
Yep, that'll work fine!
I would be actively searching except for the part about just purchasing the CHP gun and a new SIG 220 Super Match. I actually saw the CHP gun when
I went to pickup the 220!
Chris
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep, that'll work fine!
I would be actively searching except for the part about just purchasing the CHP gun and a new SIG 220 Super Match. I actually saw the CHP gun when
Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wf1WyeQ.jpg

Love my 4566TSW
Yep, that'll work fine!
Chris
4506-1 is a fine piece of steel for a .45 ACP

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I will get my CHP gun today . I watched them and would check them out over the years . Now I will have one to go with the older real clean CHP 4006 . My uncle worked for CHP when retired NCIS took him in . He told me he turned it down, then they came back with another offer he could not turn down .
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up the CHP 4006 around 3 lubed it up and wiped it down , looks good its a nice clean gun very little wear but has some looks real good .
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Just picked it up today, got two what I assume are preban mags and one ban mag. Clean gun with little wear. Now to get a few spare mags and shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have a black decocker lever to sale .my right side flew off , now I am rounding up new parts .
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Placed my order last night for the 4006. I only bought it because I found two boxes of 40 cal and no gun to shoot it from. This will be go in my Get Home Bag.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I just received my 4006TSW and three magazines from Summit Gun Broker and am very happy with my purchase.  The pistol needed to be cleaned, but it is in excellent condition.  

I could only find a few very minor cosmetic flaws.  The underside of the trigger guard has a very minor scuff, the black right side decocking lever has been replaced with a silver lever, the slide stop and left decocking lever show a touch of holster wear, and the grip has a few minor scuffs (that look much worse in the photos than they do in person).

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Small sample...I know...but two people in this thread have mentioned the right side de-cocker lever coming off and the above pistol shows evidence of the same issue?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Can't imagine the spring holding the plunger which holds the lever on wearing out. Perhaps the the lever wasn't seated properly on the plunger in those cases.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine is good to go seems like I got a later gun and is in very nice cond . Did Mark at Summit get any new ones in ??????????
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I picked up my CHP. The exterior condition is more of what you would expect from a police trade in. A couple dings and holster wear. Internally, the gun was immaculate. Hardly any wear or gun powder residue at all. And the trigger is amazing!

I might get another in a few weeks. Very happy for a $400 gun purchase.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Got mine today! Guys at the LGS were very interested in it, sucker is HEAVY but real nice! Trigger is extremely smooth.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I carry mine in a Galco leather open top holster and wear a good belt its not bad . but again 10 hr you would know it .
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I have not seen many posts lately on the CHP gun , did they slow up on going over to the MP line ???? The older CHP 4006s were for sale everywhere at one time .
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#32]
my buddy got one recently from Kings, its really nice.  Probably one of the best LE trade ins I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#33]
That deal with the right side leaver is that its not seated right or wrong plunger for the leaver . Could be easy to do . . I did get a real nice clean chp but my gun has the number like CHP has the E but after the number A whats up with that ????????? . The gun looks new yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That deal with the right side leaver is that its not seated right or wrong plunger for the leaver . Could be easy to do . . I did get a real nice clean chp but my gun has the number like CHP has the E but after the number A whats up with that ????????? . The gun looks new yet.
View Quote
From what I have heard, which could easily be internet rumor, the A adds 10,000 to the serial number.  In other words, a CHP001A, I would be unit 10,001.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, no one would notice at all if I was suddenly carrying a Glock.

If anyone wants any other angles of the pistol I'd be happy to share. Mine's not pretty... I actually use it. They were surprised when I told them I needed a new recoil spring... Our head firearms guy at the time knew I know my shit and asked me why. I told him I was past the recommended replacement interval and he about shit. I was only at 10k or so.
View Quote
I would love to see more pics!!!!  Are you guys sticking with them or they going to make you guys switch to something else?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Small sample...I know...but two people in this thread have mentioned the right side de-cocker lever coming off and the above pistol shows evidence of the same issue?
View Quote
Make that 3, mine did it the 2nd time I shot it, found the lever and the correct spring and detent are available from brownells at least
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#37]
My CHP gun runs great it like the 180 grain a little better than 165 but both will get the job done . The guns with the A seem to look a little better shape .
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Can a regular spurred 4006 hammer be installed in these guns?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I got my CHP 4006 a few weeks ago from Copper custom. It's running perfectly. Probably my best purchase so far this year. 
Here is a video I made:

Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the first one so much I bought another. It looks unissued. Shot some but definitely no carry wear.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top