Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
I am having a very hard time NOT buying ANOTHER Shield 9mm from PSA for $214.99 after rebate. Any logical reason not to own 2? Is this deal just too good to pass?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
are you happy witih the first one?

I ask because I don't have one yet but been thinking i need one
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm happy with mine albeit only 150 down the pipe. Clean it, lube it, and it runs well. I think a lot of the "shield sucks" crowd forgets they sold like hot cakes a year ago and people were saying "f glock 43, yay shield" but now the prices dropped, they are calling it crap.

I like mine, same boat... I'm pondering another just because. Reasons.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
No reason not to.  I'm getting another before the rebate ends.  2 is 1 - 1 is none.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
are you happy witih the first one?

I ask because I don't have one yet but been thinking i need one
View Quote
Get one. At that price it's a no brainer. Great gun but the trigger is the one complaint I have. Of course there is a growing market for that now.

I think I just answered my own question. Ordering today.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Had one, bought two more when the rebate came out.

Let my bud pick on up at the FFL so now I have two.

Broke the new one in a couple weeks ago. About 100 rounds of my snappy hand loads(124gr @1,200fps) with no issues.

For $214?

How can you not have two?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Had no interest in a 9mm Shield. Had no *need* for a 9mm Shield. Bought *4* 9mm Shields.
My first Shield shot so well that the 9mm Shields have replaced everything else in my nightstand/EDC inventory.
However, I'm now down to 3 Shields as my son decided he wanted one.

Two friends tried one of my Shields (including best friend who's a retired cop and hates anything that isn't all-metal like his beloved Beretta 92) and now have 9mm Shields of their own.

We all opted for the LE version w/night sights and 3 mags (1x7rd & 2x8rd).

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I know the M2.0 version will be release as soon as I buy a 1.0 so I'm holding out.
So tempting though...
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know the M2.0 version will be release as soon as I buy a 1.0 so I'm holding out.
So tempting though...
View Quote
You are not going to get a massive sale price with an additional $75. Rebate on a newly released model.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
And I bought one. Thank you to everyone who pushed me over the edge to buy another!
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are not going to get a massive sale price with an additional $75. Rebate on a newly released model.
View Quote
The additional cost doesn't bother me.  I'd pay extra for the texture alone.  If the 2.0 came with interchangeable backstraps/palm swells that'd definitely seal the deal.  I doubt it will though
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been carrying a shield for about 3 years now. It's such a good gun, that I just bought another from Brownells. Similar price, $230 after rebate I think. Couldn't pass up the deal.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
One other thing to mention...the trigger on the new Shield 9mm I just picked seems to be way better than my original Shield from 3 years ago. S&W must have made some minor updates to smooth out the reset on them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am having a very hard time NOT buying ANOTHER Shield 9mm from PSA for $214.99 after rebate. Any logical reason not to own 2? Is this deal just too good to pass?
View Quote

I have 2 shields, one a 9mm and one in .45ACP.  I really like both, but the 45 has stolen the show.  I shoot it better, conceals as well and feels better in my hand.  I've considered buying another 9 just because of the price.  

Don't but one.... buy 3.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this sale on PSA only or is the same deal in-store as well? I remember seeing a deal like this in store with the mail-in rebate a few weeks back...
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I have one inbound.  Great price plus a rebate?!  Can't beat that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is this sale on PSA only or is the same deal in-store as well? I remember seeing a deal like this in store with the mail-in rebate a few weeks back...
View Quote
I wouldn't know if any store has that same price. So far only seen it on PSA's website.  But with shipping I'd order it soon if you are since you have to have the serial number for the rebate.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being I just bought 2 yesterday I going to say no. There is no logical reason not to own 2.

The ones I bought were $10 more but heck for that price I might just thrash one of them to see what kind of abuse it can take. Or dedicate it being located at the far end of the house. It's good to have two "fire extinguishers" handy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#19]
yep in same boat,  just got another shield,  no safety,  thinking about selling my G43 to fund 2 more,  I use them as my car guns,  cheap and reliable.  dont care if it gets nicks n scratches for that price its probably the best budget / quality carry gun on the market right now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#20]
to add I wish  I got one in   I got two in  45.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a G43 and bought the Shield because of the price.  They both shoot well.  My wife shoots the Shield and has had no issues but it did fail to fully go into battery for another female shooter.  Not sure if it was a limp wrist or her support hand was touching the slide during recoil.

The only issue I have read about with the Shield is the magazine springs binding but I have not had any issues with either mag that came with the gun.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Had no interest in a 9mm Shield. Had no *need* for a 9mm Shield. Bought *4* 9mm Shields.
Tomac
View Quote
Ditto!

I struggled for the past couple of weeks to ignore the Shield sell-off. I already own a 3 M&P's (FS, Compact, and 45c). Wife wanted me to pick up a "house gun" to keep stashed if needed in an emergency, and we couldn't get to the normal location(s). I always thought the grip was a little too thin for my hands, and is why I never really gave Shields much thought, but this past weekend I went to a LGS and put my mitts on 9mm Shields to re-evaluate the situation. (Had that damn PSA sale mulling in the back of my head the entire time.) I came home, slept on things, and then got up in the AM and ordered 2 for "house gun" duty. A couple hours go by, and the entire time I'm thinking "damn, for $200 + FFL it's real hard to pass on not picking up a couple of more. I sure would kick myself if at some point I decide to pull the trigger (ha! pun), and PSA it out of inventory, so I ordered 2 more.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Do what I did and get another caliber.
I've had a Shield 9mm for a while and it's one of my favorites. So I picked up a .45 Shield for $330 before rebate.

This rebate offer might kill the resale of Shields for a while but IMHO it's a pretty hard deal to pass on.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Love my current one.

I have two Bodyguards, so I'm not opposed to buying double if I feel the need.

I'd like another Shield just so I'd practice more with it, without needing to clean my carry one so often. In fact, it's a little dirty and dry right now. As certain it would work 100% as I am any other time, but it's bad form.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Love my current one.
I have two Bodyguards, so I'm not opposed to buying double if I feel the need.
I'd like another Shield just so I'd practice more with it, without needing to clean my carry one so often. In fact, it's a little dirty and dry right now. As certain it would work 100% as I am any other time, but it's bad form.
View Quote
Of the 3 Shields I have left (gave one to my son), they rotate between EDC, training/backup & nightstand duty so the EDC/nightstand guns are always clean.

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought an extra.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a pair. Longtime Glock maven so this will be interesting
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought 2 from the local PSA store, they were $275 before tax and rebate.

I did have to pay sales tax but no shipping or transfer fee.  I'll have about $220 in total in them after I get my rebate check from S&W.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought the Shield 45. Total cost was $252 after shipping, FFL fee, and after I get the rebate.
If you have one Shield, you should have just got another caliber for the big discount.
I damn sure like mine. :cool:
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Picked up a pair. Longtime Glock maven so this will be interesting
View Quote

Glock Fanboy here.

I like my shields better than my glock 43.  I have an early 43 and the trigger pull is 8lbs.  My shields are in the 6lb range.  Plus the shield gives you a little more to hold on to with the 8rnd mags.  Also the glock palm hump on the 43 feels weird in my hand.

I am seriously considering getting rid of the 43 now that I have the 2 shields. Gasp

Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Glock Fanboy here.

I like my shields better than my glock 43.  I have an early 43 and the trigger pull is 8lbs.  My shields are in the 6lb range.  Plus the shield gives you a little more to hold on to with the 8rnd mags.  Also the glock palm hump on the 43 feels weird in my hand.

I am seriously considering getting rid of the 43 now that I have the 2 shields. Gasp

View Quote
Same situation here.  I wish I could shoot my 43 as well as the Shield.  I think the 43 might get rolled into something more interesting, like a PPQ or Vp9.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Same situation here.  I wish I could shoot my 43 as well as the Shield.  I think the 43 might get rolled into something more interesting, like a PPQ or Vp9.
View Quote
add me to list,  going to ditch the G43 and get another "new" shield and still have money left over for ammo

Smith hit a home run with the 45.

lets see 2 shields vs 1 Glock.  hmmmm I still like my Glock handguns but the shield for a single stack is a winner all the way 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Based off of the numbers of Shield orders per day that the one lady (helping me with my FFL target store) told me they were taking, is there a precedent for the standard Shield 9mm taking over as America's most-CCW-carried single model?

Glock has been out there a good while, yes, but most people give up on CCW'ing a G19, G23 etc. after five to seven years due to the size and blockiness of them.  

So, not for a single company number - which Glock may win at - but for a single exact model... how far away is the Shield 9mm standard design for top CCW?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I bought a second. 220 after shipping and transfer. Incredible deal. How many people bought a Taurus g2 for the same price point as a "beater" even though they are not stone cold reliable like a shield.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Is it worth it to wait on  the Shield 2.0 or is the price at PSA just too good to pass up?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is it worth it to wait on  the Shield 2.0 or is the price at PSA just too good to pass up?
View Quote

You kinda missed out on the best price deal.  The $75 rebate ended 6/30.

The new rebate gives you extra goodies.

I'm not sure what psa is selling the shields for now.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#37]
PSA is sold out of all 9mm Shields

still a damn good price on a great handgun,  I have the 9mm and the 45 and the 45 has a much better trigger,  but I have heard the newer 9mm have just as good.  I just do not have first hand experience

no pun
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
PSA is sold out of all 9mm Shields

still a damn good price on a great handgun,  I have the 9mm and the 45 and the 45 has a much better trigger,  but I have heard the newer 9mm have just as good.  I just do not have first hand experience

no pun
View Quote
I may buy the 45 Shield when they come back in stock if the price is right. I would like a light weight carry 45 and at 20.5  OZ empty it looks
perfect for me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I may buy the 45 Shield when they come back in stock if the price is right. I would like a light weight carry 45 and at 20.5  OZ empty it looks
perfect for me.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat.  Had I had the money, I now realize that I want a .45 Shield as well as this 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I got mine both from grab a gun,  7 dollars shipping,  it took about a week after I placed the order to ship,  not bad considering the rush on the shields

also fwiw I have been shooting nothing but cast lead of out my 45,  around 300 rounds and no leading at all,  using 5.2 GN of W231 over a 230 cast lead rn.

now waiting on the rebate checks 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top