Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2017 3:18:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to buy the 9mm shield first. Since I have not had a 9mm since the late 90s. I got rid of all of my 9mm during the more than 10 round magazine ban. I figured why have 9mm if you can only have 10 Rounds. The outstanding price of The Shield was supposed to give me back into 9mm. But then I started seeing that the 45 was close in size and only lost one round capacity. The 45 had a better trigger better stippling and was said to handle the 45 extremely well for its size.

Well I got the 45 first. And absolutely love it. The trigger is excellent the stippling definitely hold it in your hand from slipping, and it does handle and shoot the 45 ACP like a dream and it is Very accurate.

I did recently get the 9mm. It is more concealable and Fits in my front pocket for pocket carry. However the slide is much stiffer the trigger is heavier. And believe it or not to me it is snappier to shoot than the 45.

The 45 Shield is definitely a better fit and shooter for me.

Congrats on the new 45 Shield my friend. I'm sure the failure to feed was due to simply needing smoothed out. Both the 45 and 9mm we're extremely stiff when I first got them the slides triggers and slide release have smooth out nicely on both.

With your gun unloaded while you sit down and watch TV pull the slide back and lock it in place then press down on it with your thumb and slightly release pressure on the slide until it unlocks. Do this over and over and the slide release with smooth up to where you can actually use it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Give us some pics boys ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Is that a Raven Concealment Pocket Holster?

I bought the Shield 9 a couple of years ago, but I am a huge .45 fan so I bought a Shield 45 when the rebate came out. I agree that the Shield in 45 ACP is a better shooting handgun than the 9mm. The 9mm is snappier and the trigger is heavier. The Shield 45 trigger is crisper, the perceived recoil is less thus the follow up shots are faster and more accurate. Also the precision of the Shield 45 exceeds the 9mm version.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#6]
[/URL]" />

[/URL]" />
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Compared the 9 and the .45 at Runnings the other day.  I preferred the way the .45 felt in my hand - particularly with the 7 round extended magazine. Will probably order from PSA today.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a 9mm Shield, which I sold to a friend when I got my Glock 43, and recently ordered a 45 Shield. The 9mm grip was just a touch thin for my preference and the .45 will hopefully feel a bit better. I should get it this week and I'm hoping the recoil is similar.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Compared the 9 and the .45 at Runnings the other day.  I preferred the way the .45 felt in my hand - particularly with the 7 round extended magazine. Will probably order from PSA today.
View Quote
You should order it Today.  Shipping is $17. Then your your transfer fee. The 45 is very accurate.
It is a high quality gun at a steal of a price.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had a 9mm Shield, which I sold to a friend when I got my Glock 43, and recently ordered a 45 Shield. The 9mm grip was just a touch thin for my preference and the .45 will hopefully feel a bit better. I should get it this week and I'm hoping the recoil is similar.
View Quote
The recoil is much easier and controlable. I can effectively rapid fire the weapon at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You should order it Today.  Shipping is $17. Then your transfer fee. The 45 is very accurate.
It is a high quality gun at a steal of a price.  You won't regret it.
View Quote
Gunshow helper privilege. For $242 a no brainer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]
And the Ranger T was stupid accurate
View Quote
Can you define that?

I was shooting my STI Limited pistol this weekend with some friends, and we started backing up and shooting pepper poppers. When we got to 100 yds most of the other guys gave up. They said their combat sights were too big, etc.

So I ended up hitting poppers at 100 with my STI, a friend's Glock 19 with a huge orange bead front sight, and another friend's 9mm Shield with factory sights. Then the 12 year old boy shooting with us hit poppers at 100 with the same guns with fewer misses. Good times.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered.

I wish PSA had the spare .45ACP magazines in stock.  $19.99@ was a deal.  Best I have found elsewhere was 3/$82 shipped from Quantico Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a Boraii Eagle pocket holster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a Raven Concealment Pocket Holster?

I bought the Shield 9 a couple of years ago, but I am a huge .45 fan so I bought a Shield 45 when the rebate came out. I agree that the Shield in 45 ACP is a better shooting handgun than the 9mm. The 9mm is snappier and the trigger is heavier. The Shield 45 trigger is crisper, the perceived recoil is less thus the follow up shots are faster and more accurate. Also the precision of the Shield 45 exceeds the 9mm version.
It's a Boraii Eagle pocket holster.
Thanks, I'll take a look at them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I got a Talon rubber grip cover for mine and if applied correctly, you can hardly tell it not part of the factory pistol.
Definitely made the difference for CC in the cloak holster and I'm betting your Wife would find it an improvement over the rough grip texture.

Talon Grips
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got a Talon rubber grip cover for mine and if applied correctly, you can hardly tell it not part of the factory pistol.
Definitely made the difference for CC in the cloak holster and I'm betting your Wife would find it an improvement over the rough grip texture.

Talon Grips
View Quote
Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top